- Specialities General Surgery, Key Hole Surgery
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton appointments) / 01444 476 732 (Haywards Heath) / 01273 627022 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1998
- Email email@example.com / HaywardsHeath.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
English, Punjabi and Hindi
- GMC Number 4537753
- Fax 01273 627003 (Brighton) 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath)
Mr Goldie Khera is an experienced General, Laparoscopic and Emergency Surgeon. His surgical practice centres around the South Coast. He specialises in laparoscopic gall bladder, laparoscopic single or multiple complex recurrent open hernias, abdominal adhesions, Gilmores groin/sports groin hernia, emergency/short notice surgery and bariatric weight loss surgery.
Mr Khera sees patients through their own personal medical insurance or that wish to pay for themselves as well as NHS patients through the NHS eReferral programme. He holds weekly consultation appointments and has regular surgery slots at both Haywards Heath and Brighton Nuffield Health Hospitals which means patients can be seen quickly.
Mr Khera went to medical school at Liverpool University; he taught physiology and was awarded an intercalated BSc (Hons) Physiology in 1995 researching molecular pain producing substances. Goldie qualified with an MBChB in 1998 from Liverpool University. He has been a Consultant Benign Upper GI, General, Emergency and Trauma Surgeon at Brighton and Sussex University Teaching Hospital NHS Trust since 2012. He is also a current Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Brighton and Sussex Medical School and also the General Surgery representative for Higher Surgical trainees at Kent Surrey and Sussex (KSS) Deanery. He has also been President of the largest UK surgical training organisation - the Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT 2011-2012).
He performs most general surgeries laparoscopically and is part of the emergency surgical on call rota as a substantive Consultant General Surgeon at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital NHS Trust.
- Bi Weekly Monday AM
- Other days and times by arrangement
- Sussex University Hospitals
- Royal Sussex County Hospital
- Princess Royal Hospital
- Lewes Victoria Hospital
Mr Khera has a keen interest in surgical training and education and was elected President of the Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) 2011-2012. He has numerous publications and has presented his clinical research and on behalf of ASiT both nationally and internationally.
Mr Khera is married. He enjoys interior design, DIY and travel. He also enjoys the great outdoors especially walking his new cockapoo puppy, cycling, canoeing, horse riding and skiing. His hobbies also include amateur astronomy and astrophysics.
Mr Khera was shortlisted for astronaut interview in Hamburg, Germany by the European Space Agency in July 2008.
- Association of Surgeons in Training (past President)
- Association of Surgeons in Training (past Executive)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- Faculty of Surgical Trainers
- Royal College of Surgeons (Ed)
- Medical Protection Society
Improving clinical surgical training, quality outcome measures and enhanced recovery.
DeclarationMr Goldie Khera works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Aviva Health
- CS Healthcare
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
Mr Goldie Khera does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Goldie Khera does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Goldie Khera does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.