- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone 01912 816 131
- Year of first qualification 1988
- GMC Number 3351273
- Fax 01912 811 379
Mr Barnes's work is predominantly with cataract surgery and eyelid conditions including lumps and tumours around the eyes, watery eyes and eyelid malposition. He carries out eye socket reconstruction plus non surgical cosmetic enhancement.
He is a founder member of the British Oculoplastic Surgeons Society and has an interest in researching YAG Capsulotomy, watery eyes and botulinum toxin.
Mr Barnes performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital:
- Every Thursday 9:30am – 12noon
- Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon, RVI, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Honorary Lecturer in Ophthalmology at Newcastle University
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- Member Royal College of Physicians
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Medical Association
- Consultant Eye Surgeons Partnership
- EA Barnes and JRO Collin. The Eyelids. Atlas of Clinical Ophthalmology, 3rd Edition, BMA Medical Book of the Year 2005
- Narayanan K, Hadid O, Barnes EA Mohs' micrographic surgery verses surgical excision for periocular basal cell carcinoma. Cochrane Library Mar 2009
- Barnes EA, Dickinson AJ, Langtry J, Lawrnce C Eyelid basal cell carcinoma: non-Mohs excision,repair and outcome. British Journal of Ophthalmology 2006, 90:926 - 927
- Narayanan K, Barnes EA Epiphora with Eyelid Laxity, Orbit, 2005 Sept; Vol.24, (3):201-203
- Barbes EA, Murdoch IE< Subramaniam S, Cahill A, Kehoe B, Behrend M. Neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet capsilotomy and intraocular pressure in pseudophakic patients with glaucoma.
Ophthalmology 2004 July; 111(7):1393-7
- Barnes EA, Abou-Rayyah Y, Rose GE Paediatric dacryocystorhinstomy for nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Ophthalmology 2001, 108(9):1562-1564
Mr Eric Barnes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Eric Barnes has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Barnes uses equipment owned by CESP (North East) LLP in which Mr Barnes is a partner. CESP (North East) LLP wholly owns a 3D Optical Coherence Tomography, model 3DOCT - 1 Maestro. It is maintained and used exclusively by CESP (North East) LLP. Mr Nicholas Strong is the lead Consultant for this company.
Mr Eric Barnes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.