Mr Eric Barnes
MB BS, FRCOphth, MRCP (UK)
GMC number: 3351273
Practicing since: 1988
- Thursday 08:30 - 12:00
Or call us on
Mr Barnes's work is predominantly with cataract surgery and eyelid conditions including lumps and tumours around the eyes, watery eyes and eyelid malposition.
He is a member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, American Academy of Ophthalmology and a founder member of the British Oculoplastic Surgeons Society. He has an interest in researching YAG capsulotomy, watery eyes and botulinum toxin.
Mr Barnes offers outpatient appointments at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital with a particular focus on cataracts and watery eyes.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Eric Barnes at Nuffield Health
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Cataract Surgery
- Lacrimal surgery
Locations Mr Eric Barnes works with
- EA Barnes and JRO Collin. The Eyelids. Atlas of Clinical Ophthalmology, 3rd Edition, BMA Medical Book of the Year 2005
- Narayanan K, Hadid O, Barnes EA Mohs' micrographic surgery verses surgical excision for periocular basal cell carcinoma. Cochrane Library Mar 2009
- Barnes EA, Dickinson AJ, Langtry J, Lawrnce C Eyelid basal cell carcinoma: non-Mohs excision,repair and outcome. British Journal of Ophthalmology 2006, 90:926 - 927
- Narayanan K, Barnes EA Epiphora with Eyelid Laxity, Orbit, 2005 Sept; Vol.24, (3):201-203
- Barbes EA, Murdoch IE< Subramaniam S, Cahill A, Kehoe B, Behrend M. Neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet capsilotomy and intraocular pressure in pseudophakic patients with glaucoma.
Ophthalmology 2004 July; 111(7):1393-7
- Barnes EA, Abou-Rayyah Y, Rose GE Paediatric dacryocystorhinstomy for nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Ophthalmology 2001, 108(9):1562-1564
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- Member Royal College of Physicians
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Medical Association
- Consultant Eye Surgeons Partnership
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon, RVI, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Honorary Lecturer in Ophthalmology at Newcastle University
Mr Eric Barnes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Eric Barnes has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Barnes uses equipment owned by CESP (North East) LLP in which Mr Barnes is a partner. CESP (North East) LLP wholly owns a 3D Optical Coherence Tomography, model 3DOCT - 1 Maestro. It is maintained and used exclusively by CESP (North East) LLP. Mr Nicholas Strong is the lead Consultant for this company.
Mr Eric Barnes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.