Mr Mughal was born and brought up in Birmingham and graduated from Leeds University in Medicine with Honours in Biochemistry and awarded The William Macadem Prize in Medicine. He completed his basic surgical and specialist training in the West Midlands and after completing a Knee Fellowship in Derby, was appointed as a Consultant at Newcross Hospital, Wolverhampton.
His substantial surgical experience includes lower limb joint replacements, however he has a specialist interest in all types of knee surgery including patients with long standing instability symptoms. As a result Mr Mughal now has the largest surgical practice in the west midlands for patella (knee cap) instability as well as significant experience in all sports related injuries including ligament reconstruction.
He is part of a Patellofemoral Joint Surgical Steering Group that is based at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, whose role is to regionally standardise the overall management of such related disorders.
Mr Mughal’s NHS practice includes trauma related surgery again with a specific interest in traumatic injuries around the knee joint.
He has administered 5000-6000 spinal injections for symptoms of low back pain and sciatica.
He is currently working towards a Masters degree in Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Mr Mughal performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital:
- Hip and knee replacements
- Partial knee replacements
- Complex sports knee surgery
- Chronic patella (knee cap) instability surgery
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) knee surgery
- Upper limb and lower limb trauma surgery
- Spinal/ sciatica pain relieving injection therapy
Mr Mughal is a father of two lovely children. He is a very keen DIY enthusiast and always exploring his culinary skills.
English, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ejaz Mughal at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- PCL reconstruction
- Hip replacement
- Facet joint injections
- Upper Limb Fractures and Injuries
- Tibial osteotomy
- Hamstring Repair
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Trauma Surgery
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Image guided joint injections
Mr Mughal has presented over 25 papers at regional, national and international congresses and published in peer reviewed journals.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Newcross Hospital
Insurers Mr Ejaz Mughal works with
Mr Ejaz Mughal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ejaz Mughal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ejaz Mughal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ejaz Mughal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.