Professor Christopher Pring is a specialist laparoscopic (key-hole), upper GI and bariatric (weight loss) surgeon. He has been an NHS Consultant Surgeon since 2008.
He performs over 350 laparoscopic procedures each year. The range of these operations include:
- hernia surgery
- the treatment of gallstones
- surgery for acid reflux
- primary and complex bariatric surgery
- general abdominal procedures
- esophagogastric endoscopy
Chris is a recognised trainer of laparoscopic and bariatric surgery for the NHS. He runs a number of successful programmes for surgeons in training.
He is an active member of the specialty associations for laparoscopic and bariatric surgery – The Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (ALS), The Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS), The British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS) and The International Federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO). He is often invited to present and lecture to other healthcare professionals and patient groups on aspects of laparoscopic and bariatric surgery.
Chris is frequently invited to appear, or pass comment, as
the ‘expert’ on a number of TV shows across the BBC, Channel 4 and Sky channels
as well as on the radio and in the international and regional newspapers.
Nuffield Health Hospital Guildford
- Bariatric surgery (laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, laparoscopic roux-en-y gastric bypass
Nuffield Health Hospital Chichester
- Laparoscopic surgery (gallstone disease, hernia surgery, acid reflux)
- General surgery
- Minimal access surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Hernia repair surgery
Family life and sport
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Christopher Pring at Nuffield Health
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Obesity surgery (or weightloss surgery)
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Weight loss surgery
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery
- Reflux surgery
- Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
MD thesis in molecular medicine
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons of Great Britian and Ireland
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britian and Ireland
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity
Other posts held
- Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital (Bariatrics only)
- Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital (General surgery)
- Consultant Laparoscopic, Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon, St Richard's Hospital
Insurers Professor Christopher Pring works with
Professor Christopher Pring works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Christopher Pring does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Christopher Pring does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Christopher Pring does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.