Mr Sproston's areas of special interest include the management of abnormal uterine bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding, ovarian cysts and pelvic masses, endometriosis and pelvic pain, minimal access (keyhole) surgery and abnormal cervical smears.
He is accredited in minimal access surgery by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and in colposcopy by the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
Since his appointment as a consultant in 2000 he has continued to introduce new techniques in the management of menstrual disorders, including radiofrequency endometrial ablation and laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy (Day Case Hysterectomy).
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Antony Sproston at Nuffield Health
- Cervical smear
- Cone biopsy
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Embryo storage
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
- Female sterilisation
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Hysterectomy surgery
- Hysterosalpinogram (HSG)
- Hormonal coil
- Pelvic floor repair
- PMS clinic
- Pregnancy advisory service
- Reversal of sterilisation
- STD Screening
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Adnexal surgery
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Family Planning
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Medical Defence Union
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist at Wansbeck, Hexham and North Tyneside Hospitals
- Trust wide gynaecological cancer and site colposcopy lead
Insurers Mr Antony Sproston works with
Mr Antony Sproston works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Antony Sproston does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Antony Sproston does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Antony Sproston does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.