- Specialities Gynaecology
- Telephone 01912 816131
- Year of first qualification 1985
- GMC Number 3054552
- Fax 01912 811379
Mr Sproston's areas of special interest include the management of abnormal uterine bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding, ovarian cysts and pelvic masses, endometriosis and pelvic pain, minimal access (keyhole) surgery and abnormal cervical smears.
He is accredited in minimal access surgery by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and in colposcopy by the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
Since his appointment as a consultant in 2000 he has continued to introduce new techniques in the management of menstrual disorders, including radiofrequency endometrial ablation and laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy (Day Case Hysterectomy).
- Weekly Monday 18:00 - 20:00
- Consultant Gynaecologist at Wansbeck, Hexham and North Tyneside Hospitals
- Trust wide gynaecological cancer and site colposcopy lead
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Medical Defence Union
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
DeclarationMr Antony Sproston works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health
Mr Antony Sproston does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Antony Sproston does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Antony Sproston does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.