Mr Sproston's areas of special interest include the management of abnormal uterine bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding, ovarian cysts and pelvic masses, endometriosis and pelvic pain, minimal access (keyhole) surgery and abnormal cervical smears.
He is accredited in minimal access surgery by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and in colposcopy by the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
Since his appointment as a consultant in 2000 he has continued to introduce new techniques in the management of menstrual disorders, including radiofrequency endometrial ablation and laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy (Day Case Hysterectomy).
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Antony Sproston at Nuffield Health
- Adnexal surgery
- Hormonal coil
- Embryo storage
- Smear test (cervical screening)
- Endometrial resection
- STD Screening
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Pelvic floor repair
- Female sterilisation
- Reversal of sterilisation
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Endometrial ablation
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Cone biopsy
- Family Planning
- PMS clinic
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Medical Defence Union
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Other posts held
- Consultant Gynaecologist at Wansbeck, Hexham and North Tyneside Hospitals
- Trust wide gynaecological cancer and site colposcopy lead
Insurers Mr Antony Sproston works with
Mr Antony Sproston works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Antony Sproston does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Antony Sproston does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Antony Sproston does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.