Dr Koh was awarded NHS Clinical Excellence Awards in 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2012. He undertakes emergency coronary angioplasty at the Heart Attack Centre based at London Chest Hospital - the largest unit of its kind providing primary angioplasty in the London.
Dr Koh sees all general cardiology patients, including patients with chest pain / angina, palpitations / arrhythmia, breathlessness, heart murmur, hypertension and high cholesterol, coronary risk factor modification, screening for coronary disease, Heart disease in Women.
Dr Koh is a recognised expert in cardiac procedures including coronary angiography and angioplasty and stent insertion (especially transradial coronary interventional procedures). Dr Koh is Consultant-in-Charge of the Transoesophageal Echocardiography service at Barts and The London NHS Trust - London Chest Hospital, and has performed in excess of 1500 of such procedures.
He is actively involved in training in other cardiologists, general practitioners and specialists nurse practitioners. He is Training Supervisor for Diploma in Cardiology.
- University College Hospital, London
- Cardiology Training at Royal Brompton Hospital, St Batholomew’s Hospital, London Chest Hospital, Royal Free Hospital
- Postgraduate degree M.D. “Doctor of Medicine” awarded by University of London for British Heart Foundation Research
- Board Certification:Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST), Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- NHS Clinical Excellence Awards in 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2012
- British Heart Foundation Research Fellowship
- Sir Thomas Lewis Memorial Prize in Cardiology
- Weekly Tuesday 14:00 - 17:00
- Weekly Thursday 16:00 - 17:30
- Consultant Cardiologist, Barts &
- The London NHS Trust
- Consultant Cardiologist, London Chest Hospital
- Consultant Cardiologist, St Bartholomew's Hospital
- Consultant Cardiologist, BHR NHS Trust (Queen’s)
- Screening for Coronary Heart Disease
- Emergency coronary angioplasty at Heart Attack Centre (Barts & The London NHS Trust)
- Cardiac Coronary CT Scan for Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Advanced cardiac imaging - including 3 dimensional echocardiography
- Heart disease in women
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiac Interventional Society
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom)
- Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (USA)
Author of a chapter in Oxford Handbook of Cardiology. Peer reviewed publications in non-invasive cardiology, interventional cardiology, arrhythmias.
Dr Koh’s contribution to the cardiology scientific literature covers a wide range of disciplines including coronary artery disease, coronary intervention, cardiac imaging (especially transoesophageal echocardiography including 3D TOE) and cardiac arrhythmias.