Dr Northcote graduated from the University of Glasgow and , after training in Cardiology and completing a Research Fellowship, he was awarded an MD for his work on the effect of Beta Blockers in patients with Coronary Artery Disease.
He is now one of the country’s most experienced Cardiologists. He has worked as a Consultant within the NHS for over 20 years. He has a depth of experience and expertise in the treatment of angina and myocardial infarction, particularly the use of angiography and angioplasty to investigate and treat the conditions.
He has an international reputation in the field of exercise and it’s effect on the heart and has published widely on this topic. This experience led him to develop an interest in disorders of cardiac rhythm, eg Atrial Fibrillation, and the causes of sudden death during exercise.
For nine years, he was Clinical Director for Medicine in South Glasgow and currently holds the position of Registrar at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. He has developed a role within Education at the College and is Course Director of a number of Post Graduate Educational Events.
In his spare time, Dr Northcote tries to do what he advises his patients. He can often be found on his bike or in the gym of a Sunday morning.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Robin J Northcote at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- DVLA Testing and Driving Risk Profile
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London
- Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- British Cardiovascular Society
- Academy of Clinical Educators
Other posts held
- The New Victoria Hospital, Grange Road