- Specialities General Medicine, Gastroenterology, General (Internal) Medicine
- Telephone 0191 2816131
- Year of first qualification 1992
- Email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 3588806
- Fax 0191 2811379
Dr Mel Gunn is a female Consultant Gastroenterologist, based at the RVI since 2005
Qualified in Leicester University in 1992, where she completed her postgraduate training and went onto complete her MD in 2001. She completed her Specialist training in the Northern Region and commenced her consultant post in 2005
Dr Mel Gunn has over 12 years NHS experience of In-patients and Out-patients, with clinical experience in routine and complex cases. She routinely sees a wider range of Gastro-intestinal problems and symptoms with both regional and local referrals.
- Every Tuesday 10:30 - 12:30
- Consultant in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine at Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle
- General gastroenterology
- Inflammatory Bowel disease, (including an interest in Obstetrics and Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- Small bowel disease
- Gastro-intestinal bleeding including capsule enteroscopy
- Functional bowel disorders with experience in FODMAPS
- Coeliac disease
- Endoscopy: Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, enteroscopy
- Regional Endoscopy trainer
Sport -Squash, running, cricket and golf, Skiing
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Medical Protection Society
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- MD thesis Leicester University 2001
- Several publicatios in peer reviewed journals and numerous abstract presentations at National and International Meetings
DeclarationDr Melanie Gunn works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Melanie Gunn does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Melanie Gunn does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Melanie Gunn does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.