I started my radiology training in Glasgow, accumulating general radiology skills before deciding to pursue a career in Musculoskeletal Imaging. For my final year, I transferred to Kings College Hospital, London, as a subspecialty Musculoskeletal Imaging trainee for a year, receiving my Certification of Completion of Training (CCT) in 2012. I was then selected for two competitive back-to-back fellowships. The first was based at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, which is the largest soft tissue and bone tumour centre in UK as well as being United Kingdom’s leading specialist orthopaedic hospital. The second fellowship was based at McGill University Hospitals in Montreal, which is one of the largest healthcare providers in Canada.
I currently work as a Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust. The main focus of my practice is treating patients with joint and back problems, using MRI, CT, Ultrasound and X-rays for diagnosing the cause of their symptoms or treating them with appropriate intervention. I also maintain my general radiology skills particularly with respect to cross-sectional CT imaging, Ultrasound and x-ray reporting
My aim is to provide the best personal care for my patients by working closely with the patients and their physicians.
Musculoskeletal Radiology (diagnostic and intervention)
General and Trauma Radiology
English, Urdu, Memoni
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Imran Khan at Nuffield Health
- Soft tissue lump service
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Image guided aspiration and biopsy
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Shoulder and MSK ultrasound
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Facet joint injections
- Nerve blocks
- Dorsal root ganglion block
- Meningioma metastasis to the bone - review of a rare finding with emphasis on distribution and imaging appearances. Imran Khan, Fernanda Amary, Michael M. Khoo. Accepted for publication in June 2015 in Clinical Imaging.
- The Lumbar High Intensity Zone: 20 Years On. Khan I, Hargunani R. Saifuddin A. Clin Radiol. 2014 Jun; 69(6):551-558.
- Mechanisms of Injury and CT Findings in Bowel and Mesenteric Trauma. Khan I, Bew D, Elias D.A., Dylan L, Meacock LM. Clin Radiol. 2014 Jun;69(6):639-647.
- A novel safe way of removing non-deflatable bladder catheter. Z. Khan, U. Tahir Khan, I. Khan, T. Naeem Khan. Open Journal of Urology, vol 2, No 4, 2012, pp 243-245.
- Calcification of the lateral collateral ligament: a rare cause of acute knee pain. Khan I, Rashid M.I. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2012 Jun: 22(6): 389-91.
- Trends in undergraduate teaching of parasitology in medical schools of Pakistan. Mehraj V, Saleem T, Lalani S, Sani N, Khan I, Afridi F, Irfan H, Beg MA. J Pak Med Assoc. 2010 Aug; 60(8): 613-17.
- Factors associated with helmet use among motorcycle users in Karachi, Pakistan. I. Khan, A. Khan, F. Aziz, M. Islam, S. Shafqat. Academic Emergency Medicine. April 2008; 15 (4): 384-7.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Skeletal Radiologists
- Radiological Society of North America
Other post held
- Consultant Radiologist at University Hospitals of Leicester (UHL)
Insurers Dr Imran Khan works with
Dr Imran Khan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Imran Khan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Imran Khan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Imran Khan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.