Dr Dinkar Bakshi is a specialist in Adult and Paediatric Allergy testing.
First qualified in medicine in 1996 and completed his specialist training in Paediatrics at the London Deanery. He is an experienced consultant in paediatrics and one of the few formally trained allergists for Adults and Children in the UK.
He has worked in some of the best teaching hospitals in the UK, including the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Great Ormond Street, St Mary’s Hospital Paddington, The Royal London Hospital and Nottingham Children's Hospital.
Dr Bakshi is an expert in the management of eczema, interpreting skin prick tests for allergic disorders and offering oral desensitisation (immunotherapy) for hay fever, house dust mites and other airborne allergens.
Dr Bakshi has participated
in many clinical trials, published extensively in peer-reviewed indexed
journals, and presented at many national and international conferences.
- Food Allergies
- Skin Prick Test
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
- Allergy Blood Tests
- Angioedema (Swelling)
- Urticaria (Hives)
- Food Intolerance
- Cow's Milk Protein Allergy
- Paediatric (Pediatric) Dermatology
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hayfever)
- Acute Paediatric Disorder
- Allergen Desensitisation
- Allergy Shots (Immunotherapy)
- Drug Allergies
- Insect Or Bee Sting Allergies
- Lactose Intolerance
- Occupational Allergy
- Ara h2 is a useful marker for peanut allergy in diagnostic uncertainty. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome induced by flucloxacillin hypersensitivity reaction. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
- Audit of NICE guidelines on Anaphylaxis. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2015.
- Management of cow's milk protein allergy in primary care in Hertfordshire. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2014.
- Analysis of changes in airborne pollutant levels in response to nocturnal temperature controlled laminar airflow treatment, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Copenhagen, Denmark, June 2014.
- Modified skin prick testing to cod is a diagnostic marker for fish allergy. Poster Discussion Presentation, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Geneva, Switzerland, June 2012.
- Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care. Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting (FAAM), Venice, Italy, February 2011.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Dinkar Bakshi at Nuffield Health
- Allergy testing
- Skin Prick Testing
PUBLICATIONS (Indexed Journals)
- Neurological adverse effects of methylphenidate may be misdiagnosed as meningoencephalitis. Snell L, Bakshi D. BMJ Case Reports 2015:published online 16 June 2015, doi:10.1136/bcr-2014-207796
- Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care, Bakshi D, Pollock I. Clinical and Translational Allergy; 2011, 1(Supp 1):P40
- Randomisation across continents, could be a confounding factor for biased results, Bakshi D. Pediatrics; September 2005
- Selective Neonatal BCG Vaccination, Bakshi D, Sharief N. Acta Paed, 93; 9, 1207-9(2004)
- Oral vitamin B12 is effective in postsurgical patients, Bakshi D. Arch Dis Child, March 2004
- Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Thyroid Volume in Delhi Children, Bakshi D, Seth A, Narula S. J Paed Endo & Metab, 16, 843-849(2003) .
- SNIFFLE 2 Trial: Principle Investigator in this trial of Nasal Influenza vaccine in children with egg allergy, Lister Hospital (collaborative centre), 2014
- PiPs Study (Probiotics in Preterm Infants Trial), 2011
- ADEPT Study(Abnormal Doppler Enteric Prescription Trial), 2008
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health - RCPCH
- British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology - BSACI
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology - EAACI
- British Paediatric Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Diseases Group - BPAIIG
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- WAO: World Allergy Organisation
Other posts held
- Editor at The Online Journal of Clinical Audits
Insurers Dr Dinkar Bakshi works with
Dr Dinkar Bakshi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Westfield Health WPA
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Bupa On Demand
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
Dr Dinkar Bakshi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Dinkar Bakshi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Dinkar Bakshi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.