Dr Dinkar Bakshi is a specialist in Adults and Paediatric Allergy testing. Dr Bakshi qualified in medicine in 1996 and
completed his specialist training in Paediatrics in the London Deanery. He is
an experienced consultant in general paediatrics and one of the few formally
trained allergists for Adults and Paediatrics in the UK. He has worked in some of the best teaching
hospitals in the UK, including the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Great Ormond
Street Hospital for children in London, St Mary’s Hospital Paddington, The
Royal London Hospital and Nottingham Children's Hospital. Dr Bakshi has
previously held the post of Honorary Consultant in Allergy at Imperial College
London. He is an expert in the management of eczema, interpreting skin
prick tests for allergic disorders and offers oral
desensitisation(immunotherapy) for hay fever, house dust mite and other
airborne allergens. Dr Bakshi has participated in many clinical trials,
published extensively in peer-reviewed indexed journals, and presented in many
national and international conferences. He is frequently invited to chair
meetings and deliver talks for general practitioners and other healthcare
professionals. Dr Bakshi was previously a Consultant in General
Paediatrics & Lead for Paediatric Allergy, Nottingham Children's Hospital, Queens Medical
Centre. He is now in the private
healthcare sector, dividing his time between Harley Street clinics in London
and the Midlands.
For more information regarding Dr Bakshi, visit his website at https://www.britishallergyclinic.com/
- All kinds of acute and chronic children's problems
- Expertise in adult and children's allergies, eczema, hay fever and oral immunotherapy
- Dermatology (Eczema)
- Ara h2 is a useful marker for peanut allergy in diagnostic uncertainty. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome induced by flucloxacillin hypersensitivity reaction. BSACI Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2016.
- Audit of NICE guidelines on Anaphylaxis. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2015.
- Management of cow's milk protein allergy in primary care in Hertfordshire. British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI) Meeting, Telford, UK, September 2014.
- Analysis of changes in airborne pollutant levels in response to nocturnal temperature controlled laminar airflow treatment, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Copenhagen, Denmark, June 2014.
- Modified skin prick testing to cod is a diagnostic marker for fish allergy. Poster Discussion Presentation, European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI), Geneva, Switzerland, June 2012.
- Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care. Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting (FAAM), Venice, Italy, February 2011.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Dinkar Bakshi at Nuffield Health
- Allergy testing
- Dermatological surgery
- Skin Prick Testing
PUBLICATIONS (Indexed Journals)
- Neurological adverse effects of methylphenidate may be misdiagnosed as meningoencephalitis. Snell L, Bakshi D. BMJ Case Reports 2015:published online 16 June 2015, doi:10.1136/bcr-2014-207796
- Management of Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Primary Care, Bakshi D, Pollock I. Clinical and Translational Allergy; 2011, 1(Supp 1):P40
- Randomisation across continents, could be a confounding factor for biased results, Bakshi D. Pediatrics; September 2005
- Selective Neonatal BCG Vaccination, Bakshi D, Sharief N. Acta Paed, 93; 9, 1207-9(2004)
- Oral vitamin B12 is effective in postsurgical patients, Bakshi D. Arch Dis Child, March 2004
- Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Thyroid Volume in Delhi Children, Bakshi D, Seth A, Narula S. J Paed Endo & Metab, 16, 843-849(2003) .
- SNIFFLE 2 Trial: Principle Investigator in this trial of Nasal Influenza vaccine in children with egg allergy, Lister Hospital (collaborative centre), 2014
- PiPs Study (Probiotics in Preterm Infants Trial), 2011
- ADEPT Study(Abnormal Doppler Enteric Prescription Trial), 2008
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health - RCPCH
- British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology - BSACI
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology - EAACI
- British Paediatric Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Diseases Group - BPAIIG
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
Other posts held
- Editor at The Online Journal of Clinical Audits
Insurers Dr Dinkar Bakshi works with
Dr Dinkar Bakshi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Westfield Health WPA
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Bupa On Demand
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
Dr Dinkar Bakshi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Dinkar Bakshi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Dinkar Bakshi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.