Core biochemistry screens
Our Basic Biochemistry Screen is a panel of tests that includes the essential tests of an annual check-up.
This panel gives a picture of your overall health.
- Sodium and Potassium (electrolytes) can indicate trouble with a body’s salt/water or acid/base balance. Dehydration, vomiting, medications and kidney problems can cause these issues.
- Albumin, Alkaline Phosphatase, Bilirubin, Aspartate Transaminase and Alanine Transaminase, Gamma-GT are proteins and enzymes found in the blood. Abnormal levels of any of these tests can indicate liver damage or liver disease.
- Urea, Calcium, Creatinine, Phosphate and Glucose checks look for a range of problems that affect your kidneys. These also measure the waste in your blood that may affect kidney filtration.
- Our Lipid Profile can determine if you have abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels which help you to determine if you’re at risk for heart disease or other coronary illnesses. Cholesterol is fat that is produced by your liver. Certain foods will also impact your cholesterol level. There are two kinds of cholesterol – the good and the bad:
- High Density Lipoproteins (HDL) = Good cholesterol
- Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL) = Bad cholesterol
The Lipid Profile can establish a “baseline” and can be used to regularly monitor over time to ensure healthy results and enable the necessary action to be taken when levels increase.
67 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1RW
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
Brighton01273 624 488
Warren Road, Brighton, BN2 6DX
Bristol0117 906 4870
3 Clifton Hill, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1BN
Cambridge01223 370 922
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Cardiff and Vale02920 836700
Cardiff Bay Hospital, Dunleavy Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN
Cheltenham01242 246 552
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6SY
Chester01244 680 444
Wrexham Road, Chester, CH4 7QP
78 Broyle Road, Chichester, PO19 6WB
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
Exeter01392 276 591
Wonford Road, Exeter, EX2 4UG
Glasgow0141 334 9441
25 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow, G12 0PJ
Guildford01483 555 800
Stirling Road, Guildford, GU2 7RF
Haywards Heath01444 456999
Burrell Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1UD
Hereford01432 355 131
Venns Lane, Hereford, HR1 1DF
Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP4 5SW
Leeds0113 388 2111
2 Leighton Street, Leeds, LS1 3EB
Leicester0116 276 9401
Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, LE5 1HY
Newcastle upon Tyne01912 816 131
Clayton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1JP
North Staffordshire01782 382551
Clayton Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 4DB
Beech Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RP
Plymouth01752 775 861
Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BG
Shrewsbury01743 282 500
Longden Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 9DP
Taunton01823 286 991
Staplegrove Elm, Taunton, TA2 6AN
Tunbridge Wells01892 531 111
Kingswood Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 4UL
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
Wessex02380 266 377
Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 2DW
Shores Road, Woking, GU21 4BY
Wolverhampton01902 793 269
Wood Road, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, WV6 8LE
York01904 715 000
Haxby Road, York, YO31 8TA
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Get in touch
Fill in an enquiry form below or call us
A member of the team will respond to you soon.