Knee arthroscopy surgery in Cambridge
At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital you can get rapid access to knee arthroscopy surgery provided by our experienced orthopaedic surgeons in our clean and comfortable hospital setting. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £210|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,890|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our orthopaedic experts at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
Fill out a contact form below and we will get back to you.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Why choose Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your knee arthroscopy surgery?
At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital our expert knee specialists excel in lower limb diagnostic surgery, including keyhole knee arthroscopy. All of our orthopaedic surgeons are accredited for their impressive joint diagnosis accuracy and repair. To maintain our exemplary primary care standards, all of our consultants are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team, who are dedicated to ensuring your comfort and care.
Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital was re-opened in 2015 following an ultra modern upgrade. Our £30 million hospital boasts state-of-the-art medical facilities which provide our expert orthopaedic consultants the setting in which to perform a wide range of common and complex joint procedures to the highest of clinical standards.
Following an inspection in July 2016, our Cambridge Hospital proudly received an "Outstanding" rating from the health care regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Maxine Estop, Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital Director commented on the report explaining:
“This is the highest possible rating we could have achieved and I am incredibly proud of the whole team for the outstanding care we have been able to provide our patients since we opened last year. This is a true testament to the dedication and commitment of our Matron, nurses, consultants and all the staff at our hospital.”
To help aid your full rehabilitation, patients who undergo knee arthroscopy surgery at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital are eligible for our exclusive Recovery Plus programme, carried out at your local Fitness & Wellbeing Gym, where you can benefit from access to the swimming pool and other gym facilities.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
If you are suffering from knee pain and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants in Cambridge, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team by calling us on 01223 370 922 or filling out a contact form above.
Please let the enquiry handler know if you have had any recent X-rays or scans when booking your consultation, as there will be additional charges for any diagnostic imaging needed.
What happens during a knee arthroscopy?
- Knee arthroscopy is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- A knee arthroscopy operation normally takes between 1/2 an hour and 3/4 of an hour
- Your surgeon in Cambridge will make 2 or 3 small incisions and then insert a tiny camera to examine the inside of your knee joint
- Your surgeon will wash out any loose material caused by wear of the joint surfaces
- It is usually possible for your surgeon to trim or repair a torn cartilage without needing to make a larger cut.
After your keyhole knee surgery in Cambridge
- Once your operation is over, you’ll be taken to the recovery room where you will come around from the anaesthetic
- Your wounds, blood pressure and pulse will be carefully monitored
- Most patients are able to go home the same day as the operation
- You won’t be able to drive, so you will need someone to come and take you home from the hospital once you have been discharged
- Alternatively, ask reception to book a taxi.
How soon will I recover from knee arthroscopy?
- Depending on the level of repair carried out the arthroscopy procedure generally causes very little tissue damage
- Most patients recover quickly
- Your knee will be swollen and sore for the first week following your arthroscopy
- Most patients return to normal activity levels within 2 - 3 weeks
- Please discuss any concerns regarding your recovery with your knee surgeon.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities following knee arthroscopy. However as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Damage to the nerves around the knee
- Developing a lump under the wounds
- Severe pain, stiffness and loss of use of the knee.