Mr Chitnavis' elective practice deals exclusively with knee surgery. He is exposed to a wide variety of knee conditions every day. His special interests include undertaking image guided anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using hamstring and patella ligament autograft. He also specialises in total knee replacements in young people using uncemented implants.
Mr Chitnavis completed his training in orthopaedics in Oxford and Sydney. He has a Master of Surgery Thesis in Osteoarthritis. His undergraduate training was in Cambridge, clinical training in London.
Mr Chitnavis performs the following procedures at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital:
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Knee Surgery
Special clinical interests:
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using hamstring and patella ligament autograft
- Arthroscopic (key-hole) surgery
- Total knee replacement (cementless and cemented)
- Revision knee replacements
- Knee realignment (osteotomy)
- Knee replacement
- Patello-femoral surgery
- Paediatric Knee surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jai Chitnavis at Nuffield Health
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Tibial osteotomy
- Patella stabilisation
- Trauma reconstruction
- Knee instability
- Articular cartilage defects
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- British Orthopaedic Association
- World Orthopaedic Concern
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Addenbrooke NHS Trust Hospital, Cambridge
Insurers Mr Jai Chitnavis works with
Mr Jai Chitnavis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Jai Chitnavis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jai Chitnavis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jai Chitnavis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.