My area of expertise is Complex Orthopaedic Trauma and Knee Surgery.
Apart from managing Complex Orthopaedic Trauma where I mainly treat complex articular and peri-articular injuries of lower limbs (open fractures, bone defects, articular and periarticular injuries) I have a strong interest in the treatment of post-traumatic sequelae such as:
- Non-union (infected and non-infected)
- Limb deformity
- Bone defects
- Osteomyelitis and Limb lengthening (post-traumatic and cosmetic).
In my elective practice I focus on knee surgery, where I regularly perform:
- Total knee replacement, including Revisions for aseptic loosening and infections
- Partial total knee replacements using uncemented implants
- Knee arthroscopies (for degenerative and traumatic meniscal tears)
- ACL reconstructions using anatomical tunnel positioning
I am an active member of the Cambridge Bone Infection group where we regularly see patients with bone and joint infections together with plastic surgeons and infectious diseases specialists.
Bone and joint surgery lower limb
- Nailing techniques using blocking screws
- Impact of irrigation on outcome of treatment of infected wounds with metalwork present
- Developing new tools and implants in collaboration with Engineering department at Addenbrooke’s hospital
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Matija Krkovic at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Bone Graft
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Tibial osteotomy
- Ankle fusion
- Designing teaching model for training orthopaedics registrars in using advanced nailing techniques – Model is designed in Collaboration with Engineering Department of University of Cambridge
- Impact of adequate debridement of open fractures on long term complications
- Improving accuracy of fracture fixation with decreasing operating time
- General Medical Council
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Matija Krkovic works with
Mr Matija Krkovic works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Matija Krkovic does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Matija Krkovic does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Matija Krkovic does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.