Dr Kim Varma
FRCP (UK), MB ChB, BSc
- Year of first qualification
- Languages spoken
English and Mandarin
- GMC Number
- 01902 793 269
- 01902 793 292
Dr Varma qualified from the University College Cork, Republic of Ireland in 1998 with a degree in medicine and a bachelor degree in medical science.
Dr Varma trained in General Medicine at the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust. She underwent her specialist training in Dermatology at University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff and also at West Midlands. She subsequently completed the highly acclaimed one year Mohs Micrographic Surgical Fellowship involving surgery, reconstruction and laser therapy at the Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham.
She was then appointed as a Consultant Mohs Surgeon at the same centre, where she still continues to work a few sessions a week (Nottingham Treatment Centre). She also works as a consultant dermatologist and dermatological surgeon at City Hospital in Birmingham, where she performs dermatological surgery as part of skin cancer therapy as well as laser therapy for various skin disorders.
Dr Varma's interest is in the area of detection and treatment of skin cancer. She can perform specialised surgical procedures, including reconstructions creating skin flaps, split thickness grafts and full thickness skin grafts for closure of large wounds following Mohs surgical excisions for skin cancer. Dr Varma has been a reviewer for journals: British Journal of Dermatology and Clinical and Experimental Dermatology.
- Weekly Thursday 09:00 - 13:00
- Weekly Saturday by arrangement
- City Hospital, Birmingham.
- Nottingham Treatment Centre, Nottingham
Non melanoma skin cancer.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Royal College of Physicians (Ed)
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- Sarcomatoid carcinoma of the hand - a clinical case with an aggressive and uncommon presentation - awaiting publication.
- Cyclophosphamide induced nail discoloration and skin hyperpigmentation - a rare presentation. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 2009; 34:405-6
- Palisaded neutrophils granulomatous dermatitis in a 10 year old girl with insulin dependent diabetes and coeliac disease. British Journal of Dermatology 2008; 159:488-9
- Exacerbation of psoriasis by Thalidomide in a patient with Erythema Multiform. British Journal of Dermatology 2006; 154:789
DeclarationDr Kim Varma has indicated that they work with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Kim Varma has indicated that they do not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Kim Varma has indicated that they do not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Kim Varma has not indicated that they hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of the Nuffield Health.