Mr Hackney undertook his orthopaedic training in the Royal Air Force plus London and Nottingham. Shoulder fellow to Professor W. Angus Wallace, he gained a diploma in sports medicine. He teaches on various post-graduate sports medicine courses. His practice is largely upper limb, managing shoulder instability, impingement and rotator cuff tears. Mr Hackney also has a special interest in sport, trauma, arthroscopic surgery and groin pain in athletes.
- Weekly Monday evening
- Weekly Wednesday AM
- Consultant in Orthopaedics and Trauma, Leeds General Infirmary
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
- Honorary Consultant Rheumatology Research Unit, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery to shoulder and elbow
- Sports trauma
- Groin pain in sport
An ex-Olympic runner, Mr Hackney remains active in athletics, both coaching and training. He is involved with helping run sports medicine courses for the National Sports Medicine Institute and British Sports Trauma Association.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
DeclarationMr Roger Hackney works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Roger Hackney does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Roger Hackney does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Roger Hackney does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.