Mr Sikander currently practices as a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford where he is the Lead Clinician for the Neurosurgical Spinal service.
Mr Sikander holds fellowship training programmes in skull base and spinal surgery from King’s College Hospital, The Royal Free Hospital, The Royal London Hospital and The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
Prior to taking up a busy Neurosurgical practice in Oxford, he practised as a Consultant Neurosurgeon and spinal surgeon at St Mary’s Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital in London.
Mr Sikander treats patients with a wide variety of spinal disorders including spinal pain due to degenerative pathology, spinal stenosis, spinal cord tumours, spinal vascular malformations, adult congenital malformations, Arnold-Chiari Malformations, spinal cord syrinx and patients requiring complex revision surgeries.
He also treats cranial disorders and has a sub-specialist interest in Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, which is a very common and debilitating but treatable condition that may masquerade as dementia in the elderly.
- Open and key hole surgery/fusion for back/neck pain and spinal instability
- Injections for spinal pain
- Surgery for spinal stenosis, spinal cord tumours, spinal vascular malformations, spinal cord syrinx , congenital spinal disorders, Arnold Chiari malformation
- Cervical disc replacement surgery
- Shunt and Endoscopic surgical management for Hydrocephalus
- Convexity brain tumours
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (surgically treatable dementia)
Painting, basketball, biomedical engineering and implant design
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Murtuza Sikander at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other posts held
- John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon
Mr Murtuza Sikander does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Murtuza Sikander does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Murtuza Sikander does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.