Mr Goodden has an active interest in Neuro-oncology and Low Grade Glioma surgery - regularly performing Awake Craniotomy operations when the tumour is in eloquent sensitive areas of the brain. This surgery is always done using the latest Neuronavigation techniques to ensure maximal tumour debulking. In addition he holds particular interests in Neuro-endoscopy for complex hydrocephalus.
Mr Goodden has a breadth of expertise in treating all childhood neurosurgical conditions. In particular, he is the neurosurgical lead for developing treatments for paediatric spasticity in Leeds – particularly Intrathecal Baclofen and has setup Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR) in Leeds having studied this technique with Dr TS Park in St Louis, Missouri. In addition he has interests in tumour surgery (Neuro-oncology), Epilepsy, Complex Hydrocephalus and Neuro-endoscopy.
- Brain tumours
- Chiari malformation
Treatments and tests offered by Mr John Goodden at Nuffield Health
- Brain surgery
Mr Goodden maintains an active interest in a variety of clinical research projects.
He is the local Principal Investigator for the BASICS shunt trial.
He is the local Principal Investigator for a joint trial with Manchester University looking at CSF composition in Neonates with hydrocephalus.
He have previously been involved in a trial of image-guided shunt insertion and a study looking at the early experience with intra-operative high-field 3T MRI in children.
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- British Paediatric Neurosurgery Group
- International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery
- European Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery
- European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
- SIOP-Europe Brain Tumour Group Member (Low Grade Glioma)
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Neurosurgeon (Adult and Paediatric), Leeds General Infirmary
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
- Honorary Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon, Hull Royal Infirmary
Insurers Mr John Goodden works with
Mr John Goodden works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
Mr John Goodden does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr John Goodden does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr John Goodden does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.