- Specialities Orthopaedics, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Foot & Ankle
- Telephone 0113 388 2009
- Year of first qualification 2001
- Email Elaine.Ingham@nuffieldhealth.com
English and French
- GMC Number 4773045
- Fax 0113 301 0245
Mr Eyre is a Yorkshire trained Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in disorders of the Foot & Ankle.
He graduated from Leeds Medical School, and completed Higher Surgical Training in Yorkshire, with a focus on Lower Limb Orthopaedics, Trauma /Military surgery, and Foot & Ankle surgery.
His training continued with Fellowship training in Foot & Ankle and Trauma surgery in Leeds, and completed with a Fellowship at the prestigious Avon Orthopaedic Centre / Sports Orthopaedic Clinic, Bristol.
Here he acquired specialist skills in minimally invasive Foot & Ankle surgery; widely recognised to offer quicker healing and smaller scars.
His achievements have recently been recognised at a national level, with the award of The British Foot & Ankle Society Travelling Fellowship to Zurich, Switzerland, for further training in sports and ankle joint replacement surgery. Mr Eyre has presented at numerous national and international conferences, and has contributed to scientific literature in Trauma, Sports injury, and Orthopaedic surgery.
Mr Eyre is a keen teacher, and holds Honorary senior lecturer status at Leeds Medical School. He is a member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers, and has a particular interest in designing computer software and simulators to aid surgical training.
Mr Eyre specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Ankle arthroplasty
- Ankle fusion
- Ankle replacement
- Ankle Ligament repair
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Bunion surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Hallux Valgus Surgery at Leeds Hospital
- Hindfoot osteotomy
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Tendon problems
- Toe joint fusion
- Toe surgery
- Weekly Wednesday PM
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust
- Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds Medical School
- Foundation Training Programme Director, Yorkshire Deanery
- Information technology; improvement in teaching, patient care and outcome
- Total ankle replacement research
- Medical Education
Outside of work, he enjoys golf, cycling, hill walking and skiing.
- British Foot & Ankle Society (presently national committee member)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons England
- Member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers
- Leeds District Medicolegal Society
- Yorkshire Foot & Ankle Group / Ridings Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Use of Information technology to measure and improve surgical outcomes
- Arthroscopic Techniques in the Foot & Ankle
- Failure rates of Total Ankle replacement
- Internet / App development and novel use in Medical Education
DeclarationMr Jason Eyre works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Jason Eyre does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jason Eyre does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jason Eyre does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.