Mr Grant specialises in children's surgery. After training in General Surgery and in Paediatrics, he went on to specialise in Paediatric Surgery in Edinburgh and Cape Town.
He was appointed Senior Specialist in the University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa in 1992, and Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at the Oxford University Hospitals in 1997. He helped to plan and fund-raise for the new Children’s Hospital at the John Radcliffe Hospital which opened in 2007. He is currently a clinical lead for paediatric surgery. He has also helped design the children’s facilities of the new Nuffield Health Manor Hospital, Oxford.
His specialist interests are general paediatric surgery, minimal access surgery in children (laparoscopy and endoscopy), neonatal surgery, and day-case surgery.
PA email : email@example.com
- General paediatric surgery
- Minimal access surgery in children (laparoscopy and endoscopy)
- Neonatal surgery
- Day-case surgery
His research interests currently centre on surgical training and reducing errors; minimal access surgery; impact of nutrition on surgery; impact of, and how to reduce adhesions. He regularly publishes and presents in international meetings and journals and have been invited to speak and train in India, Pakistan, China, Egypt, Tanzania, and South Sudan. Here is his collection of research papers:
- Kubiak R, Andrew J, Grant HW. Laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication versus Thal Fundoplication in children – comparison of long-term outcomes. Annals of Surgery. 2011; 253 (1): 44-47
- Kubiak R, Eaton S, Grant HWLong-term catch-up weight gain following fundoplication in children. European Journal of Pediatric Surgery 2012; 00: 1-6
- Morgan RD, O'Callaghan JM, Wagener S, Grant HW, Lakhoo K.Surgical correction of trachea-oesophageal fistula and oesophageal atresia in infants with VACTERL association; a retrospective case-control study. Pediatr Surg Int. 2012 Oct;28(10):967-70. Epub 2012 Aug 22.
- Lakshminarayanan B, Hughes-Thomas AO, Grant HW. Epidemiology of adhesions in infants and children following surgery. Seminars in Pediatric Surgery 2014; 23: 344-348
Other posts held
- John Radcliffe - Oxford University Hospitals
- Visiting Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Wexham Park Hospital, and Northampton General Hospital
Insurers Mr Hugh W Grant works with
Mr Hugh W Grant works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Freedom Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Hugh W Grant does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Hugh W Grant does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Hugh W Grant does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.