In 1996 Natalia qualified as an MD with first class honours in Kiev at the National Medical University of Ukraine. Her subsequent postgraduate medical and surgical training was in the Oxford Deanery. She undertook higher specialist training in laparoscopic (keyhole) pelvic floor reconstructive surgery and was appointed as a Consultant Gynaecologist in Oxford in 2010.
The main focus of her work is minimal access laparoscopic (keyhole) surgical techniques to treat a wide range of gynaecological problems, including menstrual disorders, fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, prolapse and incontinence. She offers uterine preserving surgery to women with prolapses as an alternative to hysterectomy.
Natalia is the clinical lead for the Oxford BSUG/RCOG accredited Mesh Removal Centre, treating many women who have significant mesh complications and offering them laparoscopic mesh removal and native tissue repair surgery.
Natalia is the surgical lead for the Oxford Endometriosis Centre, performing complex laparoscopic excisions of endometriosis. For the endometriosis cases which involve the bowel she operates in conjunction with Consultant Colorectal surgeons in order to perform these advanced laparoscopic procedures safely.
Natalia is the program director of Oxford’s RCOG subspeciality urogynaecology training programme and preceptor for ATSM in Laparoscopy Surgery for Excision of Benign Disease.
Miss Price Specialises in:
- Minimially invasive gynaecology surgery
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Non mesh continence surgery
- Prolapse repair
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Fibroid Removal
- Ovarian cystectomy, oophorectomy
- General gynaecology
- Hysterectomy Surgery
- Native tissue prolapse and incontinence surgery
- Laparoscopic mesh removal surgery
- Complex laparoscopic endometriosis surgery
Natalia is passionate about improving and developing laparoscopic (keyhole) surgical techniques to treat a wide range of gynaecological problems.
She has a major interest in teaching laparoscopic surgery and has lectured widely both nationally and internationally. She has visited many units around the country performing and teaching laparoscopic prolapse reconstructive surgery and mesh removal surgery.
As clinical lead at the Oxford Mesh Removal Centre, she is focused on giving women affected by mesh complications the best possible treatment. The laparoscopic minimally invasive approach, in which she is particularly experienced and skilled, offers much quicker recovery with less pain. This laparoscopic approach is especially effective at removing mesh/tapes that have eroded into the bladder or urethra. She offers women laparoscopic native tissue repair for prolapse and incontinence after the mesh has been removed.
- Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Reconstructive Surgery for vaginal /uterine prolapse
- Mesh complications
Nordic cross-country skiing, horse riding, cycling and walking my bouncy dog.
English, Russian, Ukrainian
Treatments and tests offered by Miss Natalia Price at Nuffield Health
- Hysterectomy surgery
- Ovarian cystectomy
Natalia maintains a strong interest in academic research and has already published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters. Her current research projects include a prospective study comparing uterus-preserving, minimally invasive surgery for prolapse with more traditional hysterectomy.
She is also currently studying the outcomes of “native tissue “laparoscopic continence surgery as well as outcomes of laparoscopic mesh removal surgery.
1. Mesh-related complications of laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy.
Baines G, Price N, Jefferis H, Cartwright R, Jackson SR. Int Urogynecol J. 2019; 30(9); 1475-1481.
Carter EC, Cartwright R, Goodall E, Jackson SR, Price N. Int Urogynecol J. 2019; 30(6); 1013-1015.
3. Outcomes after laparoscopic removal of retropubic midurethral slings for chronic pain.
Goodall EJ, Cartwright R, Stratta EC, Jackson SR, Price N. Int Urogynecol J. 2019; 30(8): 1323-1328.
4. Laparoscopic uterovaginal prolapse surgery in the elderly: feasibility and outcomes.
Samuel W. King, Helen Jefferis, Simon Jackson, Alexander G. Marfin and Natalia Price, Gynecol Surg. 2017; 14(1): 2.
5. Laparoscopic hysteropexy: 10 years’ experience.
Jefferis H, Price N, Jackson S. Laparoscopic hysteropexy: 10 years’ experience. Int Urogynecol J. 2017; 28(8); 14(1); 1241-1248
- Premium Medical Protection
- British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- British Society of Urogynaecology
- International Urogynecological Association
- International Continence Society
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Urogynaecologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford
- Surgical Lead for the Oxford Endometriosis Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford
Insurers Miss Natalia Price works with
Miss Natalia Price works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa Global
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Miss Natalia Price does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Miss Natalia Price does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Miss Natalia Price does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.
Free events with Miss Natalia Price
Tuesday 31 March 2020
Oxford, The Manor Hospital
Miss Natalia Price Professor Christian Becker
This event is for anyone who is suffering with endometriosis and nBook your place now