Dr Nathan is a Consultant Paediatrician in the NHS with a private practice at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital. He sees children of all ages including newborns with any paediatric or behavioural problem.
Dr Dilip Nathan has worked in paediatrics for 21 years, 11 of which as a consultant at the Sheffield Children’s Hospital. He currently works as a Consultant Paediatrician at Nottingham University Hospitals Trust where he jointly leads a team of Community Paediatricians. He is Designated Paediatrician for Unexpected Infant Deaths for Nottingham and Undergraduate Coordinator of Community Paediatrics at the University of Nottingham Medical School where he regularly lectures.
Dr Nathan's current responsibilities involve directing the Child Health Surveillance programme for GP trainees across Nottingham and lecturing on the Advanced Paediatric Skills course (Nottingham Walk in Centre).
Chair Hospital and Home Education Committee (Nottingham 2004-2008)
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Dilip Nathan at Nuffield Health
- Community paediatrics (including behavioural and development issues)
- Paediatric medicine
Dr Nathan co-authored a book on community paediatrics, chapters in other books and research articles in a number of paediatric journals on a range of subjects including management of childhood illness in the community and teaching developmental assessments of children. Dr Nathan has received an award from the Regional Health Authority for a research project in Childhood Obesity in Nottingham and is currently running a joint project with Nottingham University and Nottingham Trent University.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Association of Community Child Health (BACCH)
- Member of the British Paediatric Mental Health Group
- Member of the George Still Forum (sub group of the Royal College involving paediatricians with a special interest in ADHD)
- Chair Hospital and Home Education Committee (Nottingham LEA)
- Medical Protection Society
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Community Paediatrician, Nottingham University Hopsitals Trust
Insurers Dr Dilip Nathan works with
Dr Dilip Nathan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Dilip Nathan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Dilip Nathan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Dilip Nathan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.