Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital is proud to introduce Dr Affifa Farrukh.
Dr Affifa Farrukh trained in General Medicine and Gastroenterology in Leicester. She has particular experience in the management of patients with irritable bowel syndrome and other painful conditions. She is experienced in the management of microscopic colitis, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and coeliac and pancreatic disease. She deals with the nutritional aspects of these and other conditions.
She is experienced in dealing with both acute and chronic medical conditions. Her interest in a range of complementary therapies includes training in both Western and Chinese acupuncture, including Master Tung techniques. These can be helpful additional treatments for dealing with a range of conditions.
Dr Affifa Farrukh also has an interest in capsule endoscope and is a non-practising barrister, who was called to the Bar at Lincoln’s Inn.
· Irritable bowel syndrome
· Inflammatory bowel disease
· Coeliac disease
· Peptic ulcer disease
· Pancreatic disease
· Assessment of acute and chronic medical problems
· Pain management
Reading Sufi literature, gardening, and clothes design.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Affifa Farrukh at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Gastrointestinal radiology
- Urea Breath Test 13C
- Lactose breath test
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Vitamin deficiency test
- Gluten sensitivity screening
- Colorectal screening
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- MRI scan
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
Dr Affifa Farrukh has published more than 20 papers in peer review journals dealing with:
- Quality and equality of care
- Issues of discrimination
- Microscopic colitis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Coeliac disease
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- British Medical Acupuncture Society
- Lincoln’s Inn
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Other post held
- Consultant physician and gastroenterologist
Insurers Dr Affifa Farrukh works with
Dr Affifa Farrukh works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Affifa Farrukh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Affifa Farrukh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Affifa Farrukh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.