- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and pat them dry on a tea towel until most of the excess moisture is absorbed.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until the chickpeas are crunchy throughout (if they are still mostly soft on the inside and there’s no crunch, keep baking).
- Quickly, (while beans are still hot), toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. They are best the first day, but can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Chickpeas are a source of protein, slow-release energy and fibre. They support healthy cholesterol and weight management.
Sesame seeds are an excellent source of calcium, for bone growth and repair, and zinc, which is anti-viral. Zinc also supports the immune system and is essential for healthy skin.
Last updated Thursday 3 September 2020