- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and pat them dry on a tea towel until most of the excess moisture is absorbed
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 45–60 minutes or until the chickpeas are crunchy throughout (if they are still mostly soft on the inside and there’s no crunch, keep baking)
- Quickly, (while beans are still hot), toss with olive oil and seasoning
- Serve hot or at room temperature – they are best the first day, but can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Chickpeas are a source of protein, slow-release energy and fibre. They support healthy cholesterol and weight management.
Sesame seeds are an excellent source of calcium, for bone growth and repair, and zinc, which is anti-viral. Zinc also supports the immune system and is essential for healthy skin.
Last updated Tuesday 2 January 2024
First published on Tuesday 29 March 2016