Eye care in Brentwood
At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital we have a considerable pool of clinical expertise including Consultant Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and Nurses who all specialise in eye care.
Give us a call
Eye care treatments at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital we provide diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of eye conditions including standard cataract surgery and a range of other procedures tailored to your needs. Our expert ophthalmologists aim to help improve the clarity of your vision and even enable you to become spectacle free.
Standard Cataract Surgery
A cataract is a clouding of the natural lens and for most people, they occur as a natural result of ageing. However, there are other reasons which can cause cataracts too. For people aged 55 years and above, cataracts are the leading cause of visual loss. Over time vision can become blurred or fuzzy.
In cataract surgery the cloudy lens is removed and replaced with a clear lens (usually a monofocal lens). Vision will be clearer, but usually, you would still need to wear glasses for near and intermediate vision.
Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital has new entry level prices for cataract procedures (monofocal and multifocal). To find out more about our cataract surgery package and for pricing information, please contact Customer Services on 01277 695695 or fill in the form on the right and we'll contact you.
Refractive Cataract Surgery
This aims to reduce existing refractive problems; if you have long/short sightedness or astigmatism, this can be improved through advanced surgical techniques and special lens implants.
We are here to offer you fast, specialist assessment and treatment options. We offer minimal waiting times for consultations and every appointment is with a qualified and experienced Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon. We also aim to minimise your anxiety and ensure that you receive prompt or surgical intervention if required.
For selected patients, premium (multifocal, accommodative or toric) lenses can be inserted, allowing both near and distant objects to be seen in clear focus, for most patients, this means greater independence from spectacles.
Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital offers the following additional options to enhance the results of cataract surgery:
- Astigmatic Keratotomy – or limbal relaxing incisions to reduce or eliminate pre-existing or residual astigmatism.
- Refractive Lens Exchange – a range of multifocal and accommodative implants are available to achieve optimal results.
- Piggyback Lens – can be implanted on top of, and work in tandem with existing artificial lenses and so may be suitable for patients who have had standard cataract surgery in the past and who want to read without spectacles.
- Intraocular Lens Implant Exchange – to exchange a pre-existing lens implant with monofocal or multifocal lens implant to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses.
In addition ‘Clear Lens Exchange’ is available if you wear glasses and want to be spectacle free, but are not needing cataract surgery.
Additional eye care treatment
As well as offering the above, we also offer treatment for:
- AMD (Age Related Macular Degeneration)
- Rental Photography & Angiography
- Diabetic Retinopathy.
We also offer a field test analyzer which can plot the progression of the disease.