Associate Professor Neil McLean is fully trained in all aspects of Aesthetic Surgical and Medical Treatments including anti-wrinkle injections, skin peeling and the use of dermal fillers and vital injections, for the correction of ageing skin. He has particular expertise in all aspects of facial cosmetic surgery (including the one-stitch face-lift), cosmetic breast surgery, lipo-sculpture, lipo-modelling, abdominoplasty, aesthetic genital surgery and the plastic surgery management of the patient with massive weight loss following bariatric surgery.
Neil McLean graduated Honours BSc in 1974, MBChB with commendation in 1976, FRCS in 1980, MD in 1992 and was awarded the Diploma in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (with distinction), by the University of London in 2010.
Neil McLean has been on the specialist register of the GMC as being accredited in Plastic Surgery since 1986.
He performs the following cosmetic treatments at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital:
He is a former member of the National Council of BAPRAS and is currently Honoury Treasurer of BAAPS.
UCAS Selector at the Medical School University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Plastic Surgery Advisor to Professional Standards Department of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Neil McLean at Nuffield Health
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Mole removal
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Dermal fillers
- Rhinoplasty (or nose reshaping)
- Breast reduction
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Buttock lift
- Fat grafting
- Body contouring
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Eye lift
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Thigh lift
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Neck lift
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Head and neck surgery
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Brow lift
He has over 200 original publications on all aspects of plastic surgery and regularly lecture all over the world. He carries out research both in Adelaide and in the UK and also teachs in Greece and Malaysia and organises plastice surgery educational meetings in the UK.
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- UK Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Court of Examiners of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- North of England Surgical Society
- North of England Medical Legal Society
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Northumberland Healthcare NHS Trust
- Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Adelaide, South Austrialia
- National Council Member of British Assication Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Editorial Advisory Board of the Archives of Oro-Facial Sciences
Professor Neil McLean does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Neil McLean does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Neil McLean does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.