- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone 01277 695695
- Year of first qualification 1996
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English and Sinhala
- GMC Number 4367404
- Fax 01277 261924
Ms Abeysiri specialises in the medical, laser and surgical management of glaucoma with fellowship training at Moorfields Eye Hospital, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and Dunedin University Hospital New Zealand. She is competent in enhanced trabeculectomy and glaucoma tube surgery and in the use of local and systemic fibrosis suppression in high risk surgical cases.
She performs YAG, Argon and SLT laser procedures for glaucoma and cataract surgery including complex cases.
She also treats general ophthalmology conditions such as dry eyes and blepharitis.
Ms Abeysiri has a masters in medical education and is a College Tutor to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and Educational Supervisor to the London Deanery for Ophthalmic trainees. She also teaches ophthalmic surgery to London deanery ophthalmic trainees.
- Weekly Wednesday 18:00 - 19:00
- Queens Hospital, Romford
- King George Hospital, Goodmayes
- Brentwood Community Hospital, Brentwood
- Loxford Polyclinic, Ilford
- College Tutor, Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Educational Supervisor, London Deanery
- Glaucoma drainage surgery
- Dry eyes, watery eyes
- Blepharitis/sticky itchy eyelids
- Classical music: piano, table
- Writing (to newspapers, magazines)
- Active member of save the Children and The Rahula Trust
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Ms Abeysiri is active in research and has published in journals such as The Lancet, The BMJ, The Archives of Ophthalmology and Graefes Archives of Ophthalmology.
She has presented research and audits at national and international meetings.
She is currently publishing a paper on a new surgical technique for revision of high risk glaucoma tube surgery with an international expert.