- Specialities Breast Surgery, Oncoplastic Surgery, Oncology
- Telephone 01892 531111
- Year of first qualification 1998
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 4547925
- Fax 01892 515689
Ritchie read Medicine at Keble College, Oxford with her clinical studies at the John Radcliffe Hospital. She trained extensively in General Surgery in the major centres of Leeds (St James’s Hospital) and London (Imperial College) and specialised in Breast Surgery, undertaking a Fellowship in Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery at the renowned Canniesburn Plastic Surgical Unit in Glasgow.
Ritchie has a specialist interest in all aspects of breast disease, both malignant and benign, and has additional interests in cosmetic and revisional breast surgery as well as providing symmetry after breast cancer treatment. She is particularly interested in immediate breast reconstruction; either using implants or using one’s own tissue without implants, which has several benefits – not least when radiotherapy is required.
Mrs Chalmers specialises in:
- Monday AM
- Thursday PM
- Consultant Surgeon, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Breast Conserving Techniques
- Therapeutic mammoplasty (using breast reduction to remove cancer)
- Volume replacement with local tissue transfer
Breast Reconstruction (Immediate or Delayed)
- Implant reconstruction (two-stage with tissue expander; single stage with a cellular dermal matrix)
- Extended Latissimus Dorsi reconstruction (without implant)
Symmetry & Cosmesis
- Lipofilling (fat grafting) for contour and volume defects
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast lift ‘Mastopexy’
Ritchie was awarded a National Clinical Research Training Fellowship by the Medical Research Council (MRC) for original research leading to her PhD and has presented her research internationally on several occasions. She has published both in peer-reviewed journals and written textbooks for surgical training. In addition to her training in the UK, Ritchie has spent time working abroad in South Africa and later as a surgeon for the main trauma team in Belize, Central America.