Mr Yashwant Koak is a Consultatn Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital. Mr Koak qualified from the University of Glasgow with MBChB and did Basic Surgical training in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. Then he joined Royal Free Hospital to do his Master of Surgery in University of London. His Specialist Registrar training was in the North (East) Thames Deanery.
After completion of his training Mr Koak spent 1 year as a Senior Clinical Fellow in Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia, learning advanced Upper GI & Bariatric surgery. Then Mr Koak joined Homerton University Hospital as Consultant Bariatric and Upper GI Surgeon. Homerton Bariatric Surgical Unit serves the largest number of patients in UK.
His current interest is Single-port surgery and Minimal-access surgery. The main operations Mr Koak currently performs are:
- Bariatric Surgery – Single-port & Lap Gastric Banding, Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric bypass
- Upper GI Surgery - including Single-port Lap Cholecystectomy, Lap Fundoplication, Lap Hiatus Hernia Repair
- General Surgery – including Single-port Lap Hernia repair operations, day case surgery
- Procedures – Gastroscopy and colonoscopy, diagnostic and therapeutic
- Weight loss,
- Gastric band,
- Gastric bypass,
- Sleeve gastrectomy
Developing single-port surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Yashwant Koak at Nuffield Health
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric bypass
- British Medical Association
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (Ed)
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Other post held
- Consultant Bariatric Surgeon, Homerton University Hospital.
Mr Yashwant Koak does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Yashwant Koak does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Yashwant Koak does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.