Mr Torres graduated as a medical doctor from The University of the Witwatersrand Medical School, Johannesburg in 1994. He completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in the Northern Deanery, Newcastle upon Tyne. He undertook an Advanced Surgical Training Fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery at The Wirral University Teaching Hospitals. Mr Torres has been a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon since August 2010.
Adult and Adolescent Foot and Ankle Surgery
Mr Torres is the current Chairman of the North Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (NOFAS) and is actively involved in clinical research. He plays an active role in junior doctor education and training orthopaedic surgeons. He represents his NHS Trust on the Orthopaedic Specialist Training Committee.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Paulo Torres at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Subtalar fusion
- Fusion of big toe
- Hindfoot fusion
- Bone Graft
- Toe surgery
- Midfoot osteotomy
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Tibial osteotomy
- Triple Fusion
- Trauma reconstruction
- Image guided joint injections
- Toe joint fusion
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Tendon transfer in foot and ankle
- Ankle ligament repair
- Forefoot reconstructive surgery
- Flat foot correction
- Achilles repair or reconstruction
- Subtalar arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Ankle fusion
- Calcaneal osteotomy
- Ankle replacement
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- North Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (NOFAS) - Chairman
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Freeman Hospital
- Associate Clinical Lecturer, Newcastle University
Mr Paulo Torres does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Paulo Torres does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Paulo Torres does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.