Mr Partington is a graduate of Newcastle upon Tyne Medical School, and trained in Newcastle, London and Ontario, Canada, sub-specialising in Hip and Knee surgery.
Mr Partington has particular interest in hip and knee joint replacement and revision (re-do joint replacement) surgery, knee arthroscopy and hip arthroscopy and arthroscopic hip impingement surgery.
He performs approximately 200 primary hip and knee replacements, 50 revision joint replacements and 60 hip arthroscopies a year.
As a member of the Royal College of Surgeons Mr Partington organises Hip and Knee Replacement courses, and has taught recently in the UK, Germany and Italy on the subject of joint replacement. He is currently an examiner for the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) examination.
Mr Partington specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital:
- Hip Replacement (Hip arthritis)
- Hip Revision Surgery (Failed hip replacement)
- Hip Arthroscopy (Labral tears, hip impingement)
- Femoro-acetabular Impingement
- Knee Replacement (Knee arthritis)
- Knee Arthroscopy (Meniscus (Cartilage) tears)
- Knee Revision (Failed knee replacement)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Paul Partington at Nuffield Health
- Ingrown toenail (and ingrown toenail surgery)
- Bunion surgery (bunionectomy)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Midfoot fusion
- Hip revision
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Bone Graft
- Image guided joint injections
- Hallux Valgus Surgery
Recent research interests include hip replacement surgery, techniques in revision hip surgery and results of hip arthroscopy.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- Consultant Trauma &
- Orthopaedic Surgeon, Northumbria-Healthcare NHS Trust
- Member of the Specialist Advisory Committee in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Examiner FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics)
Insurers Mr Paul Partington works with
Mr Paul Partington works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Paul Partington does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Paul Partington does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Paul Partington does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.