Mr Jayaratnam (Jay) Jayamohan is a Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon based at the John Radcliffe Hospital with a private practice at Nuffield Health Oxford, The Manor Hospital.
Mr Jayamohan qualified in 1995 at St Mary's Hospital Medical, London, and trained in neurosurgery at The Atkinson Morley Hospital, London and the Institute for Neurological Sciences, Glasgow. He then spent a year as the Rittersporn Visiting Fellow in paediatric neurosurgery at the Sick Children's Hospital, Toronto.
He is fully trained in both adult and paediatric neurosurgery, but now spends his clinical time concentrating on care of children and young people with neurosurgical conditions.
Mr Jay Jayamohan specialises in the following paediatric spinal treatments in Oxford:
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jayaratnam (Jay) Jayamohan at Nuffield Health
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- MRI scan
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Local anaesthetic
- Skull base surgery
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
He has published peer-reviewed research papers in the fields of craniofacial and neurosurgery, and also into brain trauma and injury. He has also written chapters for several neurosurgery textbooks.
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Intercollegiate Board Examination in Neurosurgery
- British Paediatric Neurosurgery Group
- Society of British Neurosurgeons
- European Society for Craniofacial Surgery
- International Society for Craniofacial Surgery
- International Brain Trauma Laboratory
Other post held
- Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon Department of Paediatric Neurosurgery, John Radcliffe Hospital
Insurers Mr Jayaratnam (Jay) Jayamohan works with
Mr Jayaratnam (Jay) Jayamohan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Jayaratnam (Jay) Jayamohan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jayaratnam (Jay) Jayamohan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jayaratnam (Jay) Jayamohan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.