Mr Jagmohan Chawla is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital and specialises in Cataract Surgery, lens replacement surgery, multifocal, toric and piggyback lens implants and IOL exchange; Oculoplastic surgery for Ptosis, Blepharoplasty, Entropin, Extropion, Excision and biopsy of benign cancers of eyelids and reconstruction, lacrimal surgery including Dacryocystorhinostomy, watering eyes, misdirected eyelashes, repair of eyelid trauma and eye injuries, dry eyes and blepharitis, glaucoma - medical and surgical, external surface eye disease, squint (not for children), treatments for Hemifacial spasm and blepharospasm.
Mr Chawla did his Fellowship in Ophthalmology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 1994. Subsequently being elected as a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London, and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Mr Chawla is on the panel of Examiners of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London.
Mr Chawla is also Honorary Clinical Lecturer Queen Mary,University of London
Mr Chawla offers specialised cataract surgery with multifocal lens implants with reduced dependence on spectacles afterwards. He also deals with refractive lens exchange, piggy-back lens implants, astigmatic keratotomy and lens implant exchanges which are often needed in patients who have had cataract surgery but are left with a significant prescription for spectacles.
Mr. Chawla specialises in Oculoplastic surgery and offers surgery for Dermatochalasis (baggy eyelids), Ptosis (droopy eyelids), Benign and cancerous conditions of eyelids and face including reconstruction of eyelids, minimally invasive Brow lifts, lacrimal surgery for blocked tear ducts and Malpositions of eye lids.
At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, all the oculoplastic procedures performed by Mr Chawla are done with Radio-Frequency apparatus, which reduces post operative inflammation, discomfort and results in minimal scarring.
Mr Chawla specialises in:
- Cataract surgery
- Lens replacement surgery
- Multifocal, toric and piggyback lens implants and IOL exchange
- Oculoplastic surgery for Ptosis, Blepharoplasty, Entropion, Ectropion, Excision and biopsy of benign and cancers of eyelids and reconstruction, Lacrimal surgery including Dacryocystorhinostomy, watering eyes,misdirected eyelashes, Repair of eyelid trauma and eye injuries.
- Pterygium excision and conjunctival grafts
- Dry eyes and Blepharitis
- Glaucoma- medical and surgical
- External surface eye disease
- Squint (not for children)
- Treatments for Hemifacial spasm and blepharospasm
- Refractive phacoemulsification and multifocal lens implants for cataracts
- Ptosis correction
- Eyelid cancer and reconstruction of eyelids
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jagmohan Chawla at Nuffield Health
- Eyelid cyst removal
- Eye lift
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Cataract Surgery
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
Research in newer techniques of refractive surgery (i.e phakic intraocular lens implants), presbyopic lens exchange, radio frequency, plastic surgery of eyes and management of complicated cataracts.
- UK & Ireland Society of Cataract Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- British Society of Refractive Surgery
- British Ocuplastic Surgery Society (Founder Member)
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Other post held
- Consultant Ophthalmic & Oculoplastic Surgeon, Barking, Havering & Redbridge University NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Jagmohan Chawla works with
Mr Jagmohan Chawla works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Jagmohan Chawla does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jagmohan Chawla does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jagmohan Chawla does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.