Dr McQueen’s role as a consultant radiologist primarily involves the provision of tertiary centre ENT imaging expertise in ultrasound, CT and MRI. He is a core member of the head & neck and thyroid oncology multidisciplinary team and provides a specialist advanced neck ultrasound service for two sessions per week, including ultrasound guided FNA and biopsy.
His specialist training in gastrointestinal imaging enables him to contribute to the GI and general radiology workload of his teaching hospital department, including fluoroscopy/barium studies, MRI of the small bowel, brain and spine. Dr McQueen’s academic experience includes lead authorship of an FRCR MCQ book, a BMJ emodule and multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Role of ultrasound in neck imaging
- New technological advances in ultrasound
- Role of imaging in oncology
- MRI for radiotherapy planning in head and neck oncology
- Clinical Radiology education; for radiologists and non-radiologists.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andrew McQueen at Nuffield Health
- Specialist abdominal radiology
- Testicular ultrasound
- Gastrointestinal radiology
- Barium Meal or Enema
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- MRI scan
McQueen AS, Grant LA, Findlay JL, Sharma S, Shrivastava V, MacDonald SMM. Grainger & Allison’s Diagnostic Radiology (5th edition) Single Best Answer MCQs. London, UK: Churchill Livingstone, 2009.
- Mehrotra P, Kolla S, McQueen AS, Richardson DL. Real Time Tissue Elastography (Hi-RTE) in the assessment of thyroid nodules (work in progress)
- McQueen AS, Scott JS. CT staging of colorectal cancer: what do you find in the chest?
- Lobo C, McQueen AS, Beale T, Kocjan G. The UK Royal College of Pathologists thyroid FNA diagnostic classification is a robust tool for clinical management of abnormal thyroid nodules
- McQueen AS, Oates CP, Elliott ST. AAA Screening – the Missing Dimension?
- McQueen AS, Elliott ST, Keir MJ. Ultrasonography for DVT: how useful is single point augmentation? Clin Radiol. 2009;64(2):148-55.
- McQueen AS, Worthy S, Bourke SJ. Chest x-ray: an essential guide to interpretation. Available from BMJLearning.com (emodule), July 2008
- McQueen AS, Worthy S, Keir MJ. Investigating suspected acute pulmonary embolism – what are hospital clinicians thinking? Clin Radiol.2008;63(6):642-50.
- McQueen AS, Eljabu W, Latimer J, Raju PPJ. Thoracic discitis as a complication of self expanding metallic stents in oesophageal carcinoma. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2011;34(S2):300-302
- McQueen AS, Mitchell L, Muller M, MacGowan G, Corris P. Iatrogenic pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm: images from different modalities. Thorax 2008;63(10):938
- McQueen AS, Butteriss D, McHanwell S, Bates D, Birchall D. A degenerative process of the thalamus, red nucleus and connecting pathways. Neuroanatomy 2008;7:12-14
- McQueen AS, Cox J, Desai S, Moore R. Multifocal Male Breast Cancer: A Case Report Clinical Breast Cancer 2007;7(7):570-2
- McQueen AS, Cooper N. Shotgun Pellet Ricochet - A case report.
- Hospital Consultant &
- Specialists Association
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Gastrointestinal &
- Abdominal Radiology
- British Medical Ultrasound Society
- European Society of Radiology
- British Society of Head &
- Neck Imaging.
Other posts held
- Consultant Radiologist, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Andrew McQueen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Andrew McQueen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Andrew McQueen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.