- Specialities Gastroenterology, General (Internal) Medicine, Hepatology
- Telephone 07812 988269
- Year of first qualification 1987
- Email Gastro.Ellispp@nhs.net
- GMC Number 3253179
Dr Ellis qualified from St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School in 1987. He undertook his higher training at The Institute of Liver Studies, Kings College Hospital and held an Honorary Senior Registrar contract with St Marks Hospital, Harrow.
He was appointed to The OUH Trust as a Consultant Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist in 1998.
He has an interest in education and has been the national lead for Higher Specialist Training in Gastroenterology at The Royal College of Physicians from 2012-2018. He has also been on the examining board for The Specialty Certificate Examination in Gastroenterology from its inception until 2016. He currently sits on the standard setting committee for this examination.
In 2019 he was elected by The British Society of Gastroenterology to
represent the UK on The European Board of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Wednesday AM Weekly
- The Horton Hospital Consultant Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist Bowel Cancer Screening Practitioner
- General Gastroenterology
- Endoscopy; Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, Bowel Cancer Screening
Tennis, Road cycling, Skiing, Sailing
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians
DeclarationDr Tony Ellis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- Freedom Health
Dr Tony Ellis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Tony Ellis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Tony Ellis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.