Dr Ellis qualified from St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School in 1987. He undertook his higher training at The Institute of Liver Studies, Kings College Hospital and held an Honorary Senior Registrar contract with St Marks Hospital, Harrow.
He was appointed to The OUH Trust as a Consultant Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist in 1998.
He has an interest in education and has been the national lead for Higher Specialist Training in Gastroenterology at The Royal College of Physicians from 2012-2018. He has also been on the examining board for The Specialty Certificate Examination in Gastroenterology from its inception until 2016. He currently sits on the standard setting committee for this examination.
In 2019 he was elected by The British Society of Gastroenterology to
represent the UK on The European Board of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr Ellis main interests are
- General gastroenterology
- Upper GI endoscopy
- Colonoscopy and bowel cancer screening
- Hepatology including alcohol and non-alcohol related liver disease
- Auto-immune liver disease and haemachromatosis’
PA email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Gastroenterology
- Endoscopy; Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, Bowel Cancer Screening
Tennis, Road cycling, Skiing, Sailing
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Tony Ellis at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal screening
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Liver function tests
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians
Other posts held
- The Horton Hospital Consultant Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist Bowel Cancer Screening Practitioner
Insurers Dr Tony Ellis works with
Dr Tony Ellis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- Freedom Health
Dr Tony Ellis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Tony Ellis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Tony Ellis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.