Dr Stables trained in Leeds, Glasgow and Oxford. He was appointed a Consultant in the Centre for Dermatology, Leeds Teaching Hospitals in 1999 and began working at the Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital in 2001.
During his training Dr Stables completed a Fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery in Oxford. Mohs micrographic surgery is a technique used to remove some types of locally invasive skin cancers under microscopic control resulting in very high success rates, whilst sparing normal tissues. He set up the first Mohs Surgery service in Yorkshire, at the LGI in 2002.
Dr Stables sees patients with general dermatological problems (acne, eczema and psoriasis) and has a special interest in the diagnosis and management of pre-malignant skin lesions and skin cancer. Dr Stables performs general skin screening checks and mole checks. The diagnosis of skin cancer involves clinical diagnostic skills, dermoscopy and sometimes lesion biopsy or excision. There are a number of different treatment modalities for skin cancer including topical treatments, cryosurgery, photodynamic therapy, surgical treatments and radiotherapy.
Dr Stables specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Skin Cancer
- Dermatological Surgery
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Graeme Stables at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Mole removal
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Skin cancer surgery
- Skin assessment clinic
- Dermatological surgery
- Mole assessment
- Excision of skin lesion
Dr Stables was a Yorkshire Cancer Research Campaign Clinical Research Fellow (1993-1994) resulting in an MD thesis on topical photodynamic therapy for the treatment of premalignant and malignant diseases of the skin. Dr Stables has over 60 publications on a range of topics including general dermatology, photodynamic therapy and skin cancer.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians
- American Society for Dermatological Surgery
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Dermatologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Leeds
- Lead Skin Cancer and Specialist Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer MDT (1995 - 2014)
- President of the British Society for Dermatological Surgery (2011-2013)
- Skin Cancer Service Team Lead, Leeds Teaching Hospitals (2014 - date)
- Director of Leeds Foundation for Dermatological Research (2001 - date) and Secretary (2013 - date)
Insurers Dr Graeme Stables works with
Dr Graeme Stables works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Graeme Stables does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Graeme Stables does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Graeme Stables does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.