Get rapid access to a cystoscopy at our Nuffield Health Hospital's. Our experienced urologists all specialise in this diagnostic procedure.
Why choose Nuffield Health for your cystoscopy?
At Nuffield Health Hospitals, our expert urologists specialise in cystoscopies. This diagnostic procedure examines the inside of your bladder and urethra tube using a a special instrument called a cystoscope.
What happens during a cystoscopy?
- A cystoscopy is usually performed using a variety of anaesthetics. You may also be given a sedative to help you relax. An anaesthesiologist will recommend what method will be used based on your own situation.
- This procedure is usually performed as a day case meaning you will be able to go home the day of your procedure
- A jelly like substance will be applied to your urethra. This is a local anaesthetic to numb the area and help the cystoscope pass through your urethra
- Your consultant will ease the cystoscope gently through your urethra and carefully examine the passage as well as the lining of your bladder. Sterile water may be used to flush the area
- They will look for any abnormalities and may take a urine or tissue sample for analysis in a lab
- In some cases a tissue sample will be taken and sent to a lab for analysis
- You may be given antibiotics to help prevent any infection.
Going home after cystoscopy
- You should arrange for someone to drive you home when you are discharged
- For the first few days after a cystoscopy many people experience a burning sensation when urinating
- In addition, if you have had a tissue sample taken you may see blood in your urine
- Drink plenty of water to help ease these symptoms.
Most people recover well from a cystoscopy. Complications are rare but they could include:
- Swelling in your urethra (inability to pass urine)
- Urinary tract infection
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
|Initial consultation||from £145|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,150|
The guide price stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway. You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more