- Specialities Diagnostics, Gynaecology, Laparoscopy, Urogynaecology, Women's Health
- Telephone 01926 436332
- Year of first qualification 1996
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu
- GMC Number 6096952
- Fax 01926 328552
Mrs Bulchandani is the only RCOG (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) accredited subspecialist urogynaecologist in the Coventry and Warwickshire region, and is a consultant at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW).
She trained in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from India, and further accomplished postgraduate training in the UK. She completed her subspecialty training in Urogynaecology from Birmingham Women’s Hospital in 2015.
Presently, she leads urogynaecology services at UHCW and is actively involved in teaching and training of junior doctors.
Mrs Bulchandani is a member of the British Society of Urogynaecology (BSUG). She is a member of the patient information committee in the BSUG. She uses their guidelines in the management of her patients and audits her work through this society. She is also a member of the International Urogynaecology Association and International Continence Society.
She has written many scientific papers and is actively involved in research.
Mrs Bulchandani specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital:
- Alternate Tuesdays 14:00 - 18:00
- Saturday 11:00 - 14:00
- Consultant Urogynaecologist at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire
Mrs Bulchandani’s main areas of interest are Urogynaecology (vaginal prolapse and urinary incontinence, bladder pain & recurrent cystitis) and General Gynaecology (period problems, pelvic pain, fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and vaginal discharge).
She has a special interest in obstetric anal sphincter injuries, and runs a multidisciplinary one-stop clinic at University Hospital Coventry.
Singing, writing poetry, free hand sketching, travelling
- British Society of Urogynaecology
- International Continence Society
- International Urogynaecology Association
PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH
1.S Bulchandani et al. Dilemmas at a vaginal hysterectomy with an ileoanal pouch. Jan 2017
2. S Bulchandani et al. Normative bladder diary measurements in pregnant women. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2017 Jan 9
3.S Vallabu, S Bulchandani. EJOG. Fenton’s Procedure revisited. Reprod Syst Sex Disord. Dec 2016
4.S Bulchandani, A Thomson. Recent advances in urinary incontinence management. Prescriber. June 2015
5.S Bulchandani, P Toozs-Hobson, T Verghese, P Latthe. Does vaginal oestrogen with support pessaries for prolapse reduce complications? Post Reproductive Health. September 2015
6.S Bulchandani et al. Manual perineal support at the time of childbirth: a systematic review and meta‐analysis. May 2015
7.Bulchandani S et al. Effect of anticholinergics on the overactive and bowel domain of the electronic personal assessment questionnaire. Int Urogynecol J. 2014 Oct
8. Bulchandani S and Toozs-Hobson P. Urogynecological effects of menopause, Expert Review of Endocrinology and Metabolism. January 2014
9. Israfil-Bayli F1, Bulchandani S, Parsons M,Jackson S, Toozs-Hobson P. Bladder, Perforation during sling procedures: diagnosis and management of injury. Int Urogynecol J. 2014 May
10. Israfil-Bayli F, Burton C, Parsons M, Bulchandani S, Toozs-Hobson P. Botulinum Toxin for conditions of the female pelvis: comment. Int Urogynecol J. 2013 Aug
11.Valap S, Millns P, Bulchandani S. Management of a parturient with mast cell activation syndrome. Int J Obstet Anesth.2013 Jan
12. Bulchandani S, Imtiaz R. Successful thrombolysis of right heart emboli-in-transit causing cardiac arrest during caesarean section. J Obstet Anaesth Crit Care 2012
13. S Bulchandani, P Toozs-Hobson. Dantrolene, an unusual option for detrusor overactivity: Observations of a patient with cerebral palsy. Eur J Obs Gynecol. August 2015
DeclarationMrs Supriya Bulchandani works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mrs Supriya Bulchandani does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mrs Supriya Bulchandani does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mrs Supriya Bulchandani does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.