Vasectomy reversal surgery in Tunbridge Wells
If your personal circumstances have changed and you are considering a vasectomy reversal, our expert urology consultants regularly perform vasectomy reversal surgery, undertaking many successful procedures. Read more…
Paying for yourself
|Consultant fees||Hospital fees|
|Initial consultation||£180||No charge|
|Subtotals||£180 guide price||£2260 guaranteed price|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our urology experts in Tunbridge Wells
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Kingswood Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 4UL
Why choose Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital for your vasectomy reversal?
At Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital, our experienced urology consultants specialise in vasectomy treatment as well as vasectomy reversal. If your personal circumstances have changed and you are considering to reverse a vasectomy, please contact our team in Tunbridge Wells.
Our excellent matron-led nursing team support our urologists who undertake many successful procedures every year, making men fertile again. If you require rapid access to treatment and unrivalled levels of patient care we can help.
Vasectomy reversal - the procedure:
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Tunbridge Wells will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.