Mr Smith joined Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust in 2017 as a Consultant Urological Surgeon. Having grown up in London, he was educated at Westminster school and then completed his undergraduate medical studies and basic training at University College London. His specialist urological training was in South London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex. Having excelled during training Mr Smith became the first urologist in the United Kingdom to be fast-tracked and complete his training early.
Mr Smith’s clinical practice includes all areas of general urology. He has a special interest in endourology, the management and prevention of kidney stones and in the management of prostate enlargement. He has particular experience in percutaneous stone surgery, flexible ureterorenoscopy, laser stone treatment and both laser prostate surgery and steam treatment for prostate enlargement.
Mr Smith is a reviewer for several
peer-review journals including the British Journal of Urology International,
the Journal of Clinical Urology and the Journal of Endourology.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Thomas Smith at Nuffield Health
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Vasectomy reversal
- Prostate screening
- Prostate surgery
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Rezum for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- The Endourological Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Thomas Smith works with
Mr Thomas Smith works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Thomas Smith does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Thomas Smith does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Thomas Smith does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.