At Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital our expert knee surgeons can provide you with rapid access to an orthopaedic knee arthroscopy.
Why choose Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital for your knee arthroscopy surgery?
At Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital our expert knee surgeons excel in lower limb diagnostic surgery, including knee arthroscopy. All of our orthopaedic surgeons are renowned for their impressive joint diagnosis accuracy and repair. They are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team, who are dedicated to ensuring your comfort and care whilst staying at our Plymouth Hospital.
We are proud of our consistent service and our excellent primary care. Patient satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do and our private patient rooms do not disappoint. Each room features an en-suite bathroom, widescreen TV, telephone and free wireless internet for your comfort.
To aid a full and thorough rehabilitation patients who undergo a knee arthroscopy at Nuffield Heath Plymouth Hospital are eligible for our exclusive recovery plus programme. This programme is carried out at your local Fitness & Wellbeing Gym in Plymouth and comes as a part of our unique promise to you.
If you are still unsure about a knee arthroscopy procedure, feel free to attend one of our complimentary orthopaedic open events at the hospital. Here you will get the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and meet one of our orthopaedic surgeons.
What happens during a knee arthroscopy?
- Knee arthroscopy is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- A knee arthroscopy operation normally takes between 1/2 an hour and 3/4 of an hour
- Your surgeon in Plymouth will make 2 or 3 small incisions and then insert a tiny camera to examine the inside of your knee joint
- Your surgeon will wash out any loose material caused by wear of the joint surfaces
- It is usually possible for your surgeon to trim or repair a torn cartilage without needing to make a larger cut.
After your keyhole knee operation in Plymouth
- Once your operation is over, you’ll be taken to the recovery room where you will come around from the anaesthetic
- Your wounds, blood pressure and pulse will be carefully monitored
- Most patients are able to go home the same day as the operation
- You won’t be able to drive, so you will need someone to come and take you home from the hospital once you have been discharged. Alternatively, ask reception to book a taxi.
How soon will I recover from knee arthroscopy?
- Depending on the level of repair carried out the arthroscopy procedure generally causes very little tissue damage
- Most patients recover quickly
- Your knee will be swollen and sore for the first week following your arthroscopy
- Most patients return to normal activity levels within 2 - 3 weeks
- Please discuss any concerns regarding your recovery with your knee surgeon.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities following knee arthroscopy. However as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Damage to the nerves around the knee
- Developing a lump under the wounds
- Severe pain, stiffness and loss of use of the knee.
Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BG
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£4,024|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more