Simon Coleridge is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in knee replacement and hip replacement plus sports injuries to the knee. Appointed in 2005, Simon works as an NHS consultant at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth, as well as consulting and operating privately at the Nuffield Health Hospital in Plymouth. Why not check out VITA Orthopaedics, the South West region's orthopaedic experts own website?
He obtained his medical degree from Bristol University and his senior training was undertaken in London, based at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, North West Thames Orthopaedic Registrars Rotation. He then went on to Victoria, Australia to complete his Senior Fellowship sponsored by Smith and Nephew, specialising in knee arthroscopy and sports injuries, as well as knee and hip replacements surgery including revisions.
During his training he also completed a Masters Degree in orthopaedic engineering, with his research thesis on knee ligament reconstruction being completed at Imperial College London.
His practice at the NHS hospital and the Plymouth Nuffield Hospital includes, sports surgery to the knee including arthroscopy (key hole surgery); complex ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament surgery and meniscal repair. He also undertakes navigated knee joint replacements; partial knee replacements and high tibial osteotomy, plus total hip replacement.
- Weekly Monday AM
- Weekly Friday PM
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth
Knee and hip replacements
Arthroscopic sports knee surgery including ACL reconstruction
Sailing and Windsurfing
Running including ultra marathons
Playing the trumpet badly
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Masters Thesis looking at Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, and the fixation of the graft within the knee.
- Presented nationally and in Peer review Journal.
- Ongoing research interests at present include the use of synthetic ligaments in multiligament injurys within the knee. Plus the use of computer navigation and pre operative MRI planning for Total Knee Replacements.
DeclarationMr Simon Coleridge works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Simon Coleridge does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Simon Coleridge does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Simon Coleridge does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.