Mr Holroyd qualified from St George's in 1998. He undertook his specialist orthopaedic training in the South West, before spending a year at the internationally renowned Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
As well as providing a comprehensive range of paediatric, young adult hip and hip replacement surgery, he is experienced in arthroscopic and computer guided knee surgery.
Mr Holroyd specialises in the following treatments:
- Hip and knee surgery
- Paediatric orthopaedics
- Young adult hip surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ben Holroyd at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Hip replacement
- Trauma Surgery
- Hip arthroscopy
- Holroyd B, Wedge J. Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip, Orthopaedics and Trauma June 2009; 23:3 162 - 168
- Holroyd B, Fern ED. Synthetic Ligaments in Hip Surgery, European Musculoskeletal Review June 2009; 4:1 52 - 54
- RP Walter, B Holroyd, JE Metcalfe, Avoiding the unsanitary hip spica, Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2009; 91 267
- B Holroyd, E D Fern, The novel use of a Lars ligament around the hip, Ann R Coll Surg Engl, 2008; 90 252 - 254
- B Holroyd, D Madhaven, C McAllen, Dislodging medial-sided soft tissue interposition in ankle fractures, Ann R Coll Surg Engl, 2008; 90 435
- B Holroyd, M Hockings, JC Cameron, Reconstruction of posterior cruciate ligament using synthetic ligament, J Bone Joint Surg (Br), 2006; 88-B:SUPP III.
- A Brooks, B Holroyd, B Riley, Missed Injury in Major Trauma Patients, Injury (2004) 35, 407 - 410
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society of Children's Orthopaedic Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth
Insurers Mr Ben Holroyd works with
Mr Ben Holroyd works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ben Holroyd does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ben Holroyd does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ben Holroyd does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.