Mr Williams is a trauma and orthopaedic surgeon, with specialist interests in pelvic and acetabular trauma, hip and knee arthroplasty / replacement, young adult hip surgery and hip revision surgery.
Mr Williams trained and worked in London, before moving to the South-West in 2002 to finish his orthopaedic training. He has completed fellowships in hip and pelvic surgery in France, Switzerland and the UK.
Mr Williams specialises in:
His main areas of interest are as follows:
- hip surgery including hip replacement, hip revision surgery, young adult hip surgery including hip arthroscopy;
- pelvic surgery including sacroiliac joint pain;
- knee surgery including knee replacement and arthroscopy.
Other interest areas include:
- advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor Faculty;
- academic Tutor for Peninsula Medical School;
- assigned Educational Supervisor and Clinical Supervisor.
He is a keen runner who enjoys participating in duathlons, triathlons, half marathons and other running events.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mark Rees Williams at Nuffield Health
- Pelvic surgery
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
- Hip arthroscopy
- Jawed A, El-Bakoury A, Adams SA, Williams MR: ‘Outcomes of Iliosacral Screw Fixation for Unstable Posterior Pelvic Ring Injuries’ Bone and Joint Journal 2014 Vol 96-B Supp 5 7
- Leunig M, Williams MR, Ganz R: ‘Treatment of femoroacetabular impingement – open.’ In: Guanche CA and Myers W, Ed.: Hip and Pelvic Injuries in Sports Medicine. 2009. (Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins – book chapter)
- Pollard TCB, Villar RN, Norton MR, Fern ED, Williams MR, Murray DW, Carr AJ. “Genetic influences in the aetiology of femoroacetabular impingement” JBJS (Br) 2010; 92: 209-216.
- Pollard TCB, Villar RN, Norton MR, Fern ED, Williams MR, Simpson DJ, Murray DW, Carr AJ. “Femoroacetabular impingement and classification of cam deformity: the reference interval in normal hips.” Acta Orthopaedica 2010; 81:134-141.
- Norton MR, Fern ED, Williams MR. “Open surgery for hip impingement” Br J Hosp Med 2009; 70:78-83.
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other post held
- Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust (Derriford)
Mr Mark Rees Williams does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mark Rees Williams does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mark Rees Williams does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.