Get rapid acces to a diagnostic knee arthroscopy performed by our experienced orthopaedic surgeons at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital.
Why choose Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital for your knee arthroscopy surgery?
At Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital our expert knee surgeons excel in lower limb diagnostic surgery, including knee arthroscopy (keyhole). All of our orthopaedic surgeons are renowned for their impressive joint diagnosis accuracy and repair. They are fully supported by an attentive matron-led nursing team, who are dedicated to ensuring your care and comfort whilst admitted.
Our private hospital in Haywards Heath is conveniently located on the outskirts of town with plenty of free parking for patients and visitors. To enhance your stay in Haywards Heath, all patients are provided with a spacious en-suite patient room to relax in before and after surgery. Each room features a TV, radio and unlimited wireless internet connectivity to maximise entertainment whilst you wait.
If you are interested in knee arthroscopy surgery but are not sure if it's the right treatment for you, feel free to attend one of our orthopaedics open events at the hospital. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our diagnostic knee experts and ask any questions you may have about the procedure.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital
If you are suffering from knee pain and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants in Haywards Heath, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 01444 847402.
Please let the enquiry handler know if you have had any recent X-rays or scans when booking your consultation, as there will be additional charges for any diagnostic imaging required.
What happens during a knee arthroscopy?
- Knee arthroscopy is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- A knee arthroscopy operation normally takes between 1/2 an hour and 3/4 of an hour
- Your surgeon in Haywards Heath will make 2 or 3 small incisions and then insert a tiny camera to examine the inside of your knee joint
- Your surgeon will wash out any loose material caused by wear of the joint surfaces
- It is usually possible for your surgeon to trim or repair a torn cartilage without needing to make a larger cut.
After your keyhole knee operation in Haywards Heath
- Once your operation is over, you’ll be taken to the recovery room where you will come around from the anaesthetic
- Your wounds, blood pressure and pulse will be carefully monitored
- Most patients are able to go home the same day as the operation
- You won’t be able to drive, so you will need someone to come and take you home from the hospital once you have been discharged. Alternatively, ask reception to book a taxi.
How soon will I recover from knee arthroscopy?
- Depending on the level of repair carried out the arthroscopy procedure generally causes very little tissue damage
- Most patients recover quickly
- Your knee will be swollen and sore for the first week following your arthroscopy
- Most patients return to normal activity levels within 2 - 3 weeks
- Please discuss any concerns regarding your recovery with your knee surgeon.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities following knee arthroscopy. However as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Damage to the nerves around the knee
- Developing a lump under the wounds
- Severe pain, stiffness and loss of use of the knee.
Burrell Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1UD
|If needed to determine treatment plan
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more
Related free events
Wednesday 6 March 2024
Haywards Heath Hospital
Professor Benedict Rogers
This complimentary event is for anyone who is suffering with Hip or Knee problems.Book your place now
Monday 3 June 2024
Haywards Heath Hospital
Mr George Tselentakis
This complimentary event is for anyone who is suffering with knee problemsBook your place now