Knee arthroscopy surgery in Guildford
Our experienced orthopaedic surgeons at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital can offer a quick diagnosis and solution to any pre-existing knee problems via a knee arthroscopy. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,700|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our orthopaedic experts in Guildford
Email us or request a call back
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Stirling Road, Guildford, GU2 7RF
Why choose Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital for your knee arthroscopy surgery?
At Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital our expert knee surgeons excel in lower limb diagnostic surgery, including knee arthroscopy (keyhole). All of our orthopaedic surgeons are renowned for their impressive joint diagnosis accuracy and repair. They are fully supported by an attentive matron-led nursing team, who are dedicated to ensuring your care and comfort whilst admitted.
Since our recent £8M hospital refurbishment, all of our individual patient rooms feature a contemporary design with large en-suite bathrooms, flat screen televisions and WiFi internet access. This all contributes to an exceptionally pleasant stay. We also offer catering from our a la carte menu and we have comfortable visitor and patient lounges to relax in.
As a knee arthroscopy patient, you will be eligible for our exclusive Recovery Plus programme at your local Fitness & Wellbeing Gym. This programme will help aid your rehabilitation and recovery back to full health.
What happens during a knee arthroscopy?
- Knee arthroscopy is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- A knee arthroscopy operation normally takes between 1/2 an hour and 3/4 of an hour
- Your surgeon in Guildford will make 2 or 3 small incisions and then insert a tiny camera to examine the inside of your knee joint
- Your surgeon will wash out any loose material caused by wear of the joint surfaces
- It is usually possible for your surgeon to trim or repair a torn cartilage without needing to make a larger cut.
After your keyhole knee operation in Guildford
- Once your operation is over, you’ll be taken to the recovery room where you will come around from the anaesthetic
- Your wounds, blood pressure and pulse will be carefully monitored
- Most patients are able to go home the same day as the operation
- You won’t be able to drive, so you will need someone to come and take you home from the hospital once you have been discharged. Alternatively, ask reception to book a taxi.
How soon will I recover from knee arthroscopy?
- Depending on the level of repair carried out the arthroscopy procedure generally causes very little tissue damage
- Most patients recover quickly
- Your knee will be swollen and sore for the first week following your arthroscopy
- Most patients return to normal activity levels within 2 - 3 weeks
- Please discuss any concerns regarding your recovery with your knee surgeon.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities following knee arthroscopy. However as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Damage to the nerves around the knee
- Developing a lump under the wounds
- Severe pain, stiffness and loss of use of the knee.
Rugby player Ian struggled to even walk after a historical injury reared its head. But his recovery would help turn his lifestyle around.