Mr Lemon attended Medical school at Oxford University between 1989-1995.
He then became an Orthopaedic Specialist Registrar Training on South West Thames rotation 2001-2006. Taking Fellowship training in 2007 in complex arthroscopic knee ligament reconstruction, and partial and revision knee replacement with Professor Barrett, Southampton.
Following on from this he continued his Fellowship in knee and hip surgery in Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital with:
- Malcolm Glasgow who has the most experience of unicompmartmental knee replacement of any surgeon in Europe.
- Professor Donell an internationally recognised expert in disorders of the patellofemoral joint
In 2000 he spent a year as a knee and hip surgeon at The South West London Elective Orthopaedic centre, and was trained there and in France in techniques of muscle sparing and arthroscopic hip surgery.
Mr Lemon took up his Consultant post at Royal Surrey County Hospital in 2009.
Mr Lemon specialises in the following treatments:
- All aspects of arthroscopic knee surgery
- Knee sports injuries including meniscal repair and management of cartilage injury
- Knee ligament reconstruction (eg Anterior Cruciate Ligament)
- Total knee replacement, standard and complex
- Partial knee replacement
- Patellofemoral surgery
- Hip replacement
- Trauma surgery
- Optimising pain relief and recovery time after surgery
- Soft tissue and bone preservation in knee injuries and arthritis
Outside interests include mountain biking and surfing, although currently his young son occupies most of his free time.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Michael Lemon at Nuffield Health
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Trauma Surgery
Mr Lemon has peer reviewed national and international papers in knee replacement, arthroscopic knee surgery, trauma surgery and basic sciences of anatomy and biomechanics.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other post held
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
Insurers Mr Michael Lemon works with
Mr Michael Lemon works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Michael Lemon does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Michael Lemon does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Michael Lemon does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.