- Specialities Joint replacement, Orthopaedics
- Telephone 0300 1311402
- Year of first qualification 2000
- GMC Number 6033172
- Website http://www.jointreaction.co.uk/
Mr Azal Jalgaonkar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee surgery. He has a wide orthopaedic practice ranging from hip and knee replacement surgery and revision surgery, unicompartmental (partial) knee replacement, minimally invasive surgery, young adult hip and hip impingement surgery including hip arthroscopy and knee arthroscopic surgery.
He completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital rotation in London. Azal has a Masters (MS) degree in Orthopaedics and is a dual fellowship trained. He was appointed as Consultant at Frimley Park Hospital after successfully undertaking the Royal College of Surgeons approved lower limb fellowship at Southampton University Hospital.
Azal has received prizes at orthopaedic meetings and has published his work extensively in highly reputed peer reviewed Orthopaedic Journals. He is dedicated towards research and is currently involved in several projects including National trials like the ‘BOSS’ study. He has presented his work at numerous National and International conferences. Azal regularly sits on the KSS ARCP panel to assess the annual clinical progress of higher surgical orthopaedic trainees and is a faculty member at FRCS (Orth) courses.
- Alternate Monday evenings
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Frimley Park Hospital, Frimley Health NHS Trust
- Hip and Knee joint replacement
- Unicompartmental Knee replacement
- RevisionHip and Knee replacement
- Young adult Hip and Hip impingement
- Hip arthroscopy
- Knee arthroscopy
- Sports injury
Azal is married to Sana and has one daughter. He is a keen follower of Formula 1 racing and enjoys cycling.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Hip Society
- British Society of Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery
- British Indian Orthopaedic Society
- Seddon Society Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Stanmore
- Hip impingement and Young adult Hip Surgery
- Advances in Hip arthroscopy
DeclarationMr Azal Jalgaonkar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Azal Jalgaonkar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Azal Jalgaonkar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Azal Jalgaonkar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.