In the last ten years, Rajesh Aggarwal has established a reputation, as one of the leading ophthalmic surgeons in the UK.
Rajesh was inspired to further develop his interest in cataract and refractive surgery after completing Fellowships at the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital, London and the Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia. Here he worked with some of the most respected and experienced surgeons across the Globe, learning and developing techniques that are truly leading edge.
Mr Aggarwal now teaches these new found techniques to Ophthalmologists from the UK and other parts of Europe where his skills as a trainer in the field of refractive cataract surgery are in much demand.
He has designed and helped to develop some of the instruments now used in refractive surgery. As an accredited VISX user he performs a comprehensive range of laser refractive procedures including LASIK and LASEK, including the use of wavefront-guided techniques when appropriate.
In addition to the whole spectrum of laser refractive surgery options, Professor Aggarwal has considerable expertise and experience in a variety of other refractive procedures including Lens Replacement Surgery, with a range of multifocal lens implants. He is therefore able to provide safe and effective refractive solutions for all, including presbyopic patients. He was one of the first surgeons in the UK to investigate and use Accommodative Implants and Mulifocal Implants for use in cataract and refractive lens surgery and is one of the most widely experienced refractive surgeon in the UK.
- Weekly Monday 18:00 - 20:30
- Weekly Thursday 9:15 -13:00
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Southend and Orsett Hospitals
- President of The BSRS - British Society of Refractive Surgery
- Advanced Laser Refractive
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Society of Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- General Medical Council (Specialist in Ophthalmology)
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeon
- BSRS - British Society of Refractive Surgery
Professor Aggarwal has conducted extensive research in both cataract and laser eye surgery.
DeclarationProfessor Rajesh Aggarwal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.