Professor Rajesh Aggarwal is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital specialising in general ophthalmology and cataract surgery. In the last ten years, Professor Aggarwal has established a reputation, as one of the leading ophthalmic surgeons in the UK.
Professor Aggarwal was inspired to further develop his interest in cataract and refractive surgery after completing Fellowships at the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital, London and the Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia. Here he worked with some of the most respected and experienced surgeons across the Globe, learning and developing techniques that are truly leading edge.
Professor Aggarwal now teaches these new found techniques to Ophthalmologists from the UK and other parts of Europe where his skills as a trainer in the field of refractive cataract surgery are in much demand.
Professor Aggarwal has considerable expertise and experience in a variety of refractive procedures including Lens Replacement Surgery, with a range of multifocal lens implants. He is therefore able to provide safe and effective refractive solutions for all, including presbyopic patients. He was one of the first surgeons in the UK to investigate and use accommodative implants and multifocal implants for use in cataract and refractive lens surgery and is one of the most widely experienced refractive surgeons in the UK.
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Advanced laser refractive
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Rajesh Aggarwal at Nuffield Health
- Refractive eye surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Oculoplastic surgery
Professor Aggarwal has conducted extensive research in both cataract and laser eye surgery.
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- British Society of Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- General Medical Council (Specialist in Ophthalmology)
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeon
- BSRS - British Society of Refractive Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Clinical Director at Southend and Orsett Hospitals
- President of The BSRS - British Society of Refractive Surgery
Insurers Professor Rajesh Aggarwal works with
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.
Free events with Professor Rajesh Aggarwal
Wednesday 12 February 2020
Professor Rajesh Aggarwal
This is an opportunity for clinical colleagues to gain a CPD credit and to participate in an informal Q&A session with our specialist ConsultantsBook your place now