- Specialities General Surgery
- Telephone 01912 816131
- Year of first qualification 1993
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English, Bengali and Hindi
- GMC Number 4783231
- Fax 01912 811379
Mr Sen has over 15 years experience in General Surgery with a special interest in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery and Transplantation. He received training in liver and pancreatic surgery including liver transplantation in Newcastle prior to becoming a Consultant Surgeon in this specialty.
His experience in liver surgery allows him to deal with complex gallbladder and bile duct related diseases and their complications. In addition to his interest in liver and pancreatic diseases, he regularly undertakes standard general surgical procedures and daycase surgery.
- 1st and 3rd Friday of the month - 18:00 - 19:00
- Consultant Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgeon, Freeman Hospital
- Gallbladder problems and complex gallstone disease
- Liver and pancreatic disease
- Inguinal and abdominal wall hernia
Mr Sen is a keen musician and plays the violin and guitar.
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Great Britain and Ireland Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association
- European Society of Organ Transplantation
- British Transplant Society
Mr Sen’s research interests include environmental factors causing liver and pancreatic cancer and organ preservation for transplantation. He has been involved in several publications including book chapters and national guidelines.
DeclarationMr Gourab Sen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Gourab Sen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gourab Sen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gourab Sen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.