Mr Gourab Sen
MBBS, MS, FRCS (Ed), FRCS (Gen Surg)
GMC number: 4783231
Practicing since: 1993
- 1st and 3rd Friday of the month - 18:00 - 19:00
Or call us on
Mr Sen has over 15 years experience in General Surgery with a special interest in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery and Transplantation. He received training in liver and pancreatic surgery including liver transplantation in Newcastle prior to becoming a Consultant Surgeon in this specialty.
His experience in liver surgery allows him to deal with complex gallbladder and bile duct related diseases and their complications. In addition to his interest in liver and pancreatic diseases, he regularly undertakes standard general surgical procedures and daycase surgery.
- Gallbladder problems and complex gallstone disease
- Liver and pancreatic disease
- Inguinal and abdominal wall hernia
Mr Sen is a keen musician and plays the violin and guitar.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Gourab Sen at Nuffield Health
- Liver resection
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Bile duct resection
Locations Mr Gourab Sen works with
Mr Sen’s research interests include environmental factors causing liver and pancreatic cancer and organ preservation for transplantation. He has been involved in several publications including book chapters and national guidelines.
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Great Britain and Ireland Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association
- European Society of Organ Transplantation
- British Transplant Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgeon, Freeman Hospital
Insurers Mr Gourab Sen works with
Mr Gourab Sen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Gourab Sen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gourab Sen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gourab Sen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.